Frustrated! Please tell me if I'm being unreasonable!

Options
2»

Replies

• squirrelzzrule22
    squirrelzzrule22 Posts: 640 Member
    Options
    Thanks for the great advice and the very supportive responses! I'm thinking I should be more mindful of drinking enough water- I always forget because its counterintuitive but dehydration can cause water retention and bloat....have others experienced that?
  • Samantha44145
    Samantha44145 Posts: 66 Member
    Options
    How tall are you? 140 may not be a reasonable expectation if you're athletic and 5'10 for example. I'm 5'9. I run 3 times a week. Take 2-3 martial arts classes a day and hit the gym 4-5 days a week. I'm about 153 and a size 4. 145 on me looks emaciated.

In terms of the weight gain, give yourself a month of solid numbers before trying to look for a pattern. I know it's hard but when you're at a healthy weight to begin with, it's not as easy as cutting calories and adding exercise. Results won't be overnight.

You also have to realize that when you train hard, the glycogen in your muscles holds water. Give yourself a day or 2 of rest and that water weight will come down.

The only other thing that I find is that the closer I am to my natural heathy, happy weight, the harder I have to work to get my body to lose. If I were you I'd be eating super-clean and I'd be trying to get my nutrition as perfect as possible. It's really painful to eat that way especially if you have a social life but there's no way around it if you have to fight your body to get there. Quality in food choice is so important!

Eat clean. Consume less calories than you burn. Eventually you'll get there.
  • valeriebpdx
    valeriebpdx Posts: 499 Member
    Options
    Your body is doing complicated things with water, storing it to repair your muscles and replenish glycogen stores. It will drive you crazy to live by the scale while running a hard (5 runs a week is hard) half program. I have never lost more than a couple of pounds training for a marathon, because you need to fuel the work. Halves are different--I don't specifically "train" for a half marathon--but if you are pushing with a long run you will definitely retain water. Just enjoy the running, enjoy watching your thighs turn to granite, and try not to care about the number on the scale.