5'8''/260lbs/female----I'm new here!

Options
Hey guys....thought I would take a few minutes to introduce myself instead of silently stalking the community forums. I am really excited about getting healthy and active and in just one week of using this website and holding myself accountable I feel like a different person.

Joining me in this lifestyle change are my husband and several of my closest friends. It's truly amazing to have a group of people on the internet and in real life that you can turn to for support and motivation.

I am not following any specific diet plan, but am incorporating many more fruits and veggies into my diet and doing my best to stay away from any and all processed foods, sugar and gluten. I haven't cut out 100% of gluten yet, but have made a drastic reduction in my intake. I have also started drinking water like it's my job.

I've been jumping around to find out what exercise plan works for me. I started with just walking and just felt it wasn't enough, so I thought I would incorporate an exercise video. I bought Jillian Michael's 30 Day Shred and did it once, about 8 minutes in I thought I was dying of an asthma attack (but I pushed through...albeit half assed) and then the next day I could barely get out of bed. I know pain means it's working, but I also don't want to die.....so I decided to put that on hold for a month or two until I can build up my endurance and lose a little bit of weight so it wouldn't be so hard on my knees. Today I started the couch to 5k program and feel really good about it, so I will stick with that for during the week and long walks at the park with the husband and pup on the weekend. Over time I plan to increase my exercise.

I welcome any and all tips for success!

Replies

• nowine4me
    nowine4me Posts: 3,985 Member
    Options
    Welcome. You will find unwavering support, great information and the tools you need to be successful here. I wish you the best! Your stats aren't too far from where I started in Jan 2012.
  • phyllisbobbitt
    phyllisbobbitt Posts: 347 Member
    Options
    :flowerforyou: mfp is a great place for encouragement & support. it sounds like you have it going for you. if you would like another pal i will send a friend request form.:flowerforyou:
  • clehman71
    clehman71 Posts: 139 Member
    Options
    Welcome! It sounds like you have a great support network with your husband and friends. You will find a lot of support on here also. You sound like you are ready for the change and are going for it! If you want another friend on here, I'll send a friend request. Support is very helpful and motivating when needed. :smile:
  • noluckducky15
    noluckducky15 Posts: 54 Member
    Options
    Welcome aboard! I started in November of 2012 and have had alot of success. Feel free to add me for support!

I think my best advice is to just be honest with yourself. Track the true calories to the best of your knowledge and that alone will get you very far!

Good luck! You can do this!