What was ur 1st Step? Obstacles?

Options
Success is a staircase, not a doorway. We all must take one step at a time to reach our goals. My first step was keeping up with this app... It really helps. My next step is say Buh-Bye to sodas!! I have to overcome drinking my calories! What's ur first step? What obstacle do you need to overcome?

Replies

• MartianAmbassador
    Options
    My first steps were, like you said, stop drinking soda, get up and walk at least 30 minutes a day, and to stop over eating and junk food.
  • Rebekah718
    Rebekah718 Posts: 134 Member
    Options
    Success is a staircase, not a doorway. We all must take one step at a time to reach our goals. My first step was keeping up with this app... It really helps. My next step is say Buh-Bye to sodas!! I have to overcome drinking my calories! What's ur first step? What obstacle do you need to overcome?

My obstacle is chips I am so addicted... My first step was jointing a weight loss team at the gym.
  • SquidVonBob
    SquidVonBob Posts: 290 Member
    Options
    My first step was cutting ALL sugar from my diet cold turkey. After that slowly lowering calories seemed easy. :D
  • pg3ibew
    pg3ibew Posts: 1,026 Member
    Options
    My first step was saying I CAN do this.

My second step was DOING IT IMMEDIATELY after saying I CAN.
  • Qskim
    Qskim Posts: 1,145 Member
    Options
    I told myself...every healthy morsel is an NSV.
  • pocketmel
    Options
    First step: sticking to MFP, I stopped soft drinks and now fast food. But I am having trouble with sweets which kind of defeats the purpose of the last two steps. :P
  • ValerieMomof2
    ValerieMomof2 Posts: 530 Member
    Options
    Great question ;)
    My 1st step was finally saying I was done with being unhealthy and making changes. I started by allowing myself 1 special thing a day (1 soda, 1 beer or dessert) so I went from overindulging to really thinking about what I truly wanted. My biggest obstacle was my lack of willpower and time to do what I needed to do exercise wise
  • aelunyu
    aelunyu Posts: 486 Member
    Options
    My first step...was admitting I had not lived up to any of the expectations I had place on myself. Not even close.
  • notyourpalbuddy
    Options
    My first step was realizing I was the only one in my way. My next step? Joining this app and making a workout calendar.
  • kimberly728
    Options
    My first step... holding myself accountable on MFP and cooking dinner at home every night. My obstacles are soda, convienent fast food, and my parents house. I stopped fast food after the new year, and so far I don't miss it. Soda is next on the list. My parents house on the other hand is going to be a tough one. I need to pack some healthy foods (veggie trays, etc) for when we go over there to hang out, so i dont snack on the chips and dips the whole time.... and maybe my father wont either.

18559463.png
    Created by MyFitnessPal.com - Free Calorie Counter
  • sweetteamemphis
    Options
    Cool! Hanks for the replys
  • lives21
    lives21 Posts: 78 Member
    Options
    My first step was joining a gym with a prepaid 5 month membership so I didn't want to waste any time. I started tracking before this, but it was what got me serious