Stuck!?

Options
Been at this for over a year.. from 145 to 127 and cant seem to lose the next 7 lbs! I am stuck with 27 inch waist and 22 inch thighs no matter how much I run or lift or both and watch what I eat... any suggestions?!?

Replies

• BarbellBlondieRuns
    BarbellBlondieRuns Posts: 511 Member
    Options
    Relax. Accept yourself as you are. Relish in your physical abilities. Enjoy life.
  • Jennical
    Jennical Posts: 219 Member
    Options
    I wish I knew the answer but I am in the same boat! :<(( From 154 down to 132-5 and won't budge!
  • TamiBarnes66
    TamiBarnes66 Posts: 34 Member
    Options
    It sounds like you've hit a plateau .......I would say look at what type of workout you are doing. They say if your body gets used to a certain kind of workout. Change it up! Find something intense or different like P90x, Insanity, Body Revolution(Jillian Michaels), other Jillian Michaels, Turbo Jam or Turbo fire(Chalene Johnson), or Kettle bell workouts. Or something more along the lines of Zumba or Hot yoga. Just change up your workout....also look at your food....are you estimating. I know when I've been doing this for a while I tend to estimate, I like to occasionally go back and put on my plate what I think is a cup and then I measure it....sometimes I am really off.
  • AmyRhubarb
    AmyRhubarb Posts: 6,890 Member
    Options
    How much are you eating? Changing my calorie goal, actually eating more, helped me out. You've already lost some weight, it's likely your calorie needs have changed, especially if you're working out hard and your fitness is improving.

My diary is open - I eat 1800+ calories a day and am losing fat and inches, working out 5 or 6 days a week, alternating days of running and weights/strength. I found this topic to be very helpful in getting things going in the right direction: http://www.myfitnesspal.com/topics/show/654536-in-place-of-a-road-map-2-0-revised-7-2-12
  • choosingsara
    choosingsara Posts: 98 Member
    Options
    I woud be jumping for joy if I had your weight and measurements! Good job and good luck to you!
  • FullOfWin
    FullOfWin Posts: 1,414 Member
    Options
    Flying wild suggestion. Eat at tdee for 8 weeks and then drop into deficit again.
  • FullOfWin
    Options
    Relax. Accept yourself as you are. Relish in your physical abilities. Enjoy life.

or there is always giving up
  • trogalicious
    trogalicious Posts: 4,583 Member
    Options
    How much are you eating? Changing my calorie goal, actually eating more, helped me out. You've already lost some weight, it's likely your calorie needs have changed, especially if you're working out hard and your fitness is improving.

My diary is open - I eat 1800+ calories a day and am losing fat and inches, working out 5 or 6 days a week, alternating days of running and weights/strength. I found this topic to be very helpful in getting things going in the right direction: http://www.myfitnesspal.com/topics/show/654536-in-place-of-a-road-map-2-0-revised-7-2-12

exactly this. I was stuck at 2.5 months. Followed the thread that I quoted and have started losing again.
  • Windy_
    Windy_ Posts: 1,012 Member
    Options
    Eating more may help you burst through a Plato.
  • myofibril
    myofibril Posts: 4,500 Member
    Options
    Read this:

http://gokaleo.com/?p=666

Actually, I think everyone should read that....
  • AllTehBeers
    AllTehBeers Posts: 5,030 Member
    Options
    Read this:

Eh. Nah
  • myofibril
    Options
    Read this:

Eh. Nah

Hey. Ya
  • AllTehBeers
    AllTehBeers Posts: 5,030 Member
    Options
    Read this:

Eh. Nah

Hey. Ya

This made me lol
    2. It’s ok to go over maintenance calories by a few hundred, especially on days after workouts, your body needs the extra calories to build muscle mass.
    3. A healthy female body can gain about 2 pounds of lean mass a month under optimal conditions,
  • FullOfWin
    Options
    Read this:

Eh. Nah

Hey. Ya

This made me lol
    2. It’s ok to go over maintenance calories by a few hundred, especially on days after workouts, your body needs the extra calories to build muscle mass.
    3. A healthy female body can gain about 2 pounds of lean mass a month under optimal conditions,

2. If you're bulking
    3. Maybe in the first month if you are underweight
  • akern1987
    akern1987 Posts: 288 Member
    Options
    That's an incredible accomplishment...I know people often say "the last five pounds are the hardest" but take a step back and look at what you've been able to do. Just switch up your routine a bit, and see where that takes you!
    Congrats on your progress though...If I ever get to the point where I can say that my waist is as small as yours I'll do cartwheels!

18895238.png
    Created by MyFitnessPal.com - Free Weight Loss Tools
  • myofibril
    Options

This made me lol

Really, why? Both of those seem legitimate if taken in context.

Obviously LBM is not quite the same as pure muscle and what someone's genetic potential is depends on a number of factors but her estimates seem generally ok.

In addition, having a slight calorie surplus especially after intense training is also ok. It helps with preferential calorie and nutrient partitioning shunting them towards muscle repair. Obviously you want to make sure your calories balance out over the week but calorie expenditure is not fixed on a day to day basis.

ETA: please also bear in mind her post is about achieving a recomp - not a pure cut or bulk...
  • kirstyfairhead
    kirstyfairhead Posts: 220 Member
    Options
    1: I don't know your height etc but maybe consider that this could be a good weight for you
    2: If you are determined and you need those last 7lbs then I would recommend going up to maintenance level for a few weeks and then starting back in again.

I hit what seemed like an unbreakable plateau and then suffered an injury before Xmas so virtually no exercise and a struggle to keep the calories in line with that Xmas food. I managed to go that 5 weeks with only putting on 1lb which wasn't too bad considering but since January 1st I've been back on track and lost around 5lbs which is a real achievement for me. It's fab to see the scale moving again.

Just remember that when you are this close to your goal its going to come off slooooowly!

Good luck!
  • Lovable12
    Options
    It sounds like you've hit a plateau .......I would say look at what type of workout you are doing. They say if your body gets used to a certain kind of workout. Change it up! Find something intense or different like P90x, Insanity, Body Revolution(Jillian Michaels), other Jillian Michaels, Turbo Jam or Turbo fire(Chalene Johnson), or Kettle bell workouts. Or something more along the lines of Zumba or Hot yoga. Just change up your workout....also look at your food....are you estimating. I know when I've been doing this for a while I tend to estimate, I like to occasionally go back and put on my plate what I think is a cup and then I measure it....sometimes I am really off.

I did this a lot at first.. like my "one cup" was really two cups... and a lot of things I eat are hard to find on mfp exactly I'm really bad when things are in grams or trying to figure it out but think I have gotten better at it :)
    I will definitely look into those they sound fun! Thanks!!
  • Lovable12
    Options

thanks I'm going to try this! :)
  • Lovable12
    Options
    Flying wild suggestion. Eat at tdee for 8 weeks and then drop into deficit again.

This sounds similar to AmyRhubarb's post... Have you tried this? Do you recommend a good website to calculate this?

Thanks!!

And your post below this made me lol too...