Need some friends/support: Depressed/Panic/Medicated

Options
Hey everyone,

I could really use some MFP friends that have similar hurdles to overcome as I do. I have been taking Effexor and Seroquel for many years and feel as if my life is dependent on a series of uppers and downers. My ridiculous sleeping schedule and the way my brain works is continuously sabotaging me. Or, I guess, I am sabotaging myself. I would really love to hear from some other people in a similar place... I have been diagnosed with chronic depression, anxiety/panic disorders, ODD, among others. Please add me if you think you can relate. It is really difficult for me to figure out how to make this lifestyle change work and then stick with it.

Replies

• stefosaurusrawrrrr
    Options
    Hey,

I can definitely relate; I have major clinical depression, an eating disorder, severe anxiety, and a personality disorder. I'm not on any medication as I can't afford treatment but I have been in the past.

I'll add you; I'm always here to talk! :]
  • jordybum89
    Options
    I know how you feel! I've been diagnosed with depression, deal with anxiety attacks, insomnia. I'm paranoid. You can beat this! Keep up with your exercise and eating right and you will feel better! My depression is mild most of the time, but when it hits it is UGLY!
  • mfingpuma
    mfingpuma Posts: 16 Member
    Options
    Devon,

I've been struggling with PPD, PPOCD and PPA since Olive was born. I've been on Fluoxetine for about 11 months, and have recently come off, but am considering going back on low dose.
    Historically, I'm a chronic overeater and binge eater. I totally eat my feelings. I'd probably sleep a lot more if I didn't have as many urgent obligations as I do.

I'm finding that it doesn't have to be all or nothing when it comes to dieting. A new change every week will produce results. If you drastically try to change things overnight, you might be met with some resistance from your body.

I'm around if you wanna chat :) You know where to find me