Hello

Options
Hi, My name is Linda and I'm new to My Fitness Pal. I'm excited to get started and am thrllled to find the meal and exercise logs here. I think this is what I've been looking for to help me stay focused and accountable. Was SHOCKED to lean how many calories I'd actually eaten today and I'd thought I was being soooo good!!! Well did I learn something important!! If someone can assist me in learning how to find a group to join I'd be grateful....looking forward to much success and also meeting some great people here.

Replies

• kittytrix
    kittytrix Posts: 557 Member
    Options
    I'm pretty n ew here too, and let me say everyone here has made me feel very welcomed.

I too am trying to navigate my way through all of this, but it seems like a happy journey.

Good luck to you and I know I will see you succeed!
  • Roger_Williams
    Roger_Williams Posts: 70 Member
    Options
    Welcome! I'm pretty new here, too, and am only just finding my way around.

If you can't measure it, you can't control it. I knew this, but I've never been interested in counting calories nor the different amounts of nutrients in various foods, so when I noticed I was overweight I felt depressed that I would never be able to work out how many calories, etc., I was actually eating, nor be able to find what would be best to cut out, nor monitor my progress except with the blunt instrument of weight scales. MFP (MyFitnessPal) has made it easy. The database is full of most kinds of foods, with all the nutrients already entered for you just to click on. In fact it's TOO full, as people tend to add the same food (sometimes with spelling errors, and sometimes without nutrients), so you need to check just what it is you are adding before making that final "click." And of course you can add your own, as I often do with foods bought here in Japan that won't often be available in the US, where most members live. MFP really makes it easy, and you'll get lots of encouragement from people who are struggling with the same problems you and I are...
  • termura
    termura Posts: 2
    Options
    I'm also new to this site. I just started yesterday. I belonged to another site which was similar, but there was a $9 charge each month. Also, I plan to purchase an iPhone and I know there is a free app for Myfitnesspal. It will make it very easy to input my food if I can do it on my phone since it is always with me.

Good luck to all us newbies!
  • lindawalker599
    Options
    Thank you for the kind words...It's always nice to have someone to share the journey with