Simple cheap healthy crock pot recipes?

Options
lorindaleigh
lorindaleigh Posts: 87 Member
Does anyone have any recipes that are simple (doesn't require a lot of ingrediants), cheap and healthy?

Thanks!

Replies

• Amber1070
    Amber1070 Posts: 106 Member
    Options
    I'm still looking for some myself. I just search the Internet and I use sparkrecipes.com
  • lorindaleigh
    Options
    Yea I'm finding a few but they are all basically the same. BBQ chicken and buffalo chicken lol.
  • Bob314159
    Bob314159 Posts: 1,178 Member
    Options
    Beef stew meat, soy sauce, chopped garlic cloves, and 1/2 cup orange juice - put in a plastic bag and marinate overnight or at least a few hours.

Drop into crock pot and add salt, pepper and whatever spices you like. Add bok choy and/or red and green peppers on top. On low for 6 hours.
  • teresatims
    Options
    I bought a really great crockpot cookbook that i use and modify the more fattening recipe ... also if you have a vita mix blender there are a ton of great easy recopies
  • lorindaleigh
    Options
  • agoofynut
    agoofynut Posts: 101 Member
    Options
    My current favorite crock pot recipe is below. We usually get a 2.5 pound roast instead of 2, but leave everything else the same. Seriously yummy. It's cheap if you can find a good sale on meat. And about 200 calories per serving if divided into 8 servings. We usually have it with green beans and potatoes.

Brown Sugar & Balsamic Glazed Pork Loin

Ingredients

1 (2 pound) boneless pork tenderloin (or regular pork loin)
    1 teaspoon ground sage
    ½ teaspoon salt
    ¼ teaspoon pepper
    1 clove garlic, crushed
    ½ cup water
    Glaze
    ½ cup brown sugar
    1 tablespoon cornstarch
    ¼ cup balsamic vinegar
    ½ cup water
    2 tablespoons soy sauce

Instructions

Combine sage, salt, pepper and garlic. Rub over roast. Place in slow cooker with ½ cup water. Cook on low for 6-8 hours. About 1 hour before roast is done, combine ingredients for glaze in small sauce pan. Heat and stir until mixture thickens. Brush roast with glaze 2 or 3 times during the last hour of cooking. Serve with remaining glaze on the side. (We always just drain the liquid out of the crockpot and pour the glaze over the roast for the last hour, brushing it every so often.)
  • srm1960
    srm1960 Posts: 281 Member
    Options
    :drinker: Try Rival Crockpot.com or this book, Fix it & Forget -it lightly by Phyllis Pellman Good-(great books only for crockpots)

I just drop stuff into in the morning & come home @ night & its made-This is my go to-

Frozen chick breasts
    i jar marinara
    jar of chopped green olives
    frozen spinach
    bag of grilled peppers & onions (from trader joe's)
    spices

cook all day on low
    serve with spaghetti squash( no carbs) or pasta or rice
  • srm1960
    srm1960 Posts: 281 Member
    Options
    :bigsmile: Ya that one does look good thanks-I bookmarked the website-never went on that one before-but heard of it-
  • RaineyLaney
    RaineyLaney Posts: 605 Member
    Options
    Do searches on the internet.. like Low calorie slow cooker recipies. or if you have a liking for a certain food. put a search in like " Shrimp slow cooker reciepes" I find lots of my reciepes on All reciepes.. web site. think it is www.allreciepies.com
  • RaineyLaney
    RaineyLaney Posts: 605 Member
    Options
    Looked up that website for all reciepeis http://allrecipes.com/
  • Bbwnomore2
    Bbwnomore2 Posts: 225 Member
    Options
    2 chicken breast
    1 can black beans (undrained)
    1 can corn (drained)
    1/2 c salsa
    1 pkt taco seasoning
    put in crock pot cook all day when u work, fork
    shred the chicken.
    Very good
  • ashlielinn
    Options
    Bump!
  • punkysquirrel
    Options
    Someone already mentioned www.skinnytaste.com. www.getcrocked.com has lots of ideas for breakfast, lunch, dinner and dessert. Pinterest may also give you a lot of good ideas too. I have found links to some individual recipes there myself. One I haven't tried yet is a whole chicken crockpot recipe. www.leannebakes.com/2012/06/best-crock-pot-chicken-ever.html
  • MariaHammer750
    MariaHammer750 Posts: 86 Member
    Options
    @Bob314...: that sounds really good, but I was wondering if you add any water to the crock pot is it just the OJ?
  • maggiemay22467
    maggiemay22467 Posts: 214 Member
    Options
    chicken breasts
    3 large dashes of soy
    1 can of coke

cook all day

so very very good
  • frankyk89
    frankyk89 Posts: 173 Member
    Options
    2 chicken breast
    1 can corn (drained)
    1/2 c salsa
    1 pkt taco seasoning
    shred the chicken.
    Very good
    love this recipe! cheap and easy. i put it over brown rice, usually i can get around 4/5 days of lunch from it! and i have added a block of cream cheese also.
  • Bbwnomore2
    Bbwnomore2 Posts: 225 Member
    Options
    2 chicken breast
    1 can corn (drained)
    1/2 c salsa
    1 pkt taco seasoning
    shred the chicken.
    Very good
    love this recipe! cheap and easy. i put it over brown rice, usually i can get around 4/5 days of lunch from it! and i have added a block of cream cheese also.

makes a nice taco salad too
  • blondechic213
    Options

I just made this a couple nights ago and it was a huge hit. Definitely comes highly recommended. Mine cooked really fast though. It says to cook for 4 hours, but mine was done in about 2.5 to 3 hours, so just keep an eye on it.