Body fat % not dropping

Ok can someone PLEASE help and suggest something to me. I have been using MFP for almost 2 weeks and since then I have lost 5 lbs. but my body fat percentage has YET to drop. I do cardio,yoga, and weight training 6 times a week! I am eating considerately healthy on 1200 calories. I just had a baby in November 2012 and I know that it will take time but I feel that I may be doing something wrong considering the fact that I do a lot to lose nutrition-wise and activity-wise but never seem to lose FAT. Please help. :(

Replies

• mareeee1234
    mareeee1234 Posts: 674 Member
    Eat more! ABOVE your bmr.
  • melaniecheeks
    melaniecheeks Posts: 6,349 Member
    2 weeks isn't long enough to make a reasonable assessment. And body-fat is really difficult to improve. You're expecting too much too soon, sorry.
  • lina011
    lina011 Posts: 427 Member
    i had my baby in july last yr and my BF is now 18% i would give your body time" you could be holding on to Body fat cos you ve just sorta recently had a baby, id maybe eat a little more also 1200 sounds really low i eat 1800 - 2000 cal a day and i exercise 6 days a week. Chill out, it will show through soon, 2 wks is not long enough to see serious results. How do you measure your body fat?? i get mine done at the gym so it is somewhat accurate"
  • Im sorry I wasnt clear, Ive been working out like that for almost 2 months and I joined MFP only 2 weeks ago.
  • I know I actually feel like I may not be eating enough b/c I get cranky! I get my measured on the weight watchers scale and also I use tape measurements. Probably not super accurate but 28% def shows, esp in my midsection and thighs and since Im normally 125, being 140lbs now seems about right at 28%
  • TavistockToad
    TavistockToad Posts: 35,719 Member
    2 weeks isn't long enough to make a reasonable assessment. And body-fat is really difficult to improve. You're expecting too much too soon, sorry.

this. plus make sure you NET 1200 calories - ie eat back the extra you burn through exercise.
  • Thank you! :) I slip up and sometimes dont eat my exercise calories so thats good to know.
  • dapzzz
    dapzzz Posts: 15 Member
    1. How accurate do you think these measurements are?

2. Do you LOOK skinnier when you look at yourself in the mirror? I'm sure you have some pictures from 2 months ago...surely you don't look the same now as you did then?

Personally, I suspect that these digital scales aren't very accurate at measuring BF%.