Sick after working out?

Options
About a week & 1/2 after starting Insanity I started feeling sick to my stomach & throwing up. Not the way you do/ feel the 1st/2nd day from working so hard, but lasting during the next day.
I changed my eating habits slightly after I started logging everything & decided to up my protein 10%. That was the only eating difference. I don't think I got sick from eating a particular thing.
I'm wondering if this is normal or common after starting a new exercise regimen if you're body isn't used to it? I'm otherwise healthy/ eat healthy, & saw on another board that someone might have this problem too, so I decided to ask.

Thanks in advance. :)

Replies

• spamantha57
    spamantha57 Posts: 674 Member
    Options
    Anyone?
  • cwolfman13
    cwolfman13 Posts: 41,874 Member
    Options
    Generally getting sick after a workout is a sure sign that you are over training...the only time that's ever happened to me was in boot camp for the Marine Corps and I had no choice but to continue on. It generally means you are training well beyond your fitness level. You're may also be dehydrated. You may also have the flu or some other ailment.
  • bearkisses
    bearkisses Posts: 1,252 Member
    Options
    the only times i felt like i was going to throw up after a workout is if i have eaten really badly the previous day, or if i am on my period
  • brower47
    brower47 Posts: 16,356 Member
    Options
    I used to puke after fitness tests when we had to do a sprint. Long distance, no problem but sprinting... puked every time. Now, if I'm close to a menstrual cycle, I'll get terrible cramping about ten minutes into a long run that last for a few minutes and then goes away. That's about all I've got, anecdotal and prolly not too helpful.
  • meganjjb
    Options
    that happend to me when i started the 30 day shred the first 2 days i felt sick to my stomach after it and was shaky and weak but hasnt happend since
  • spamantha57
    spamantha57 Posts: 674 Member
    Options
    Ok so it's normal to feel that way if you're training hard & your body isn't used to it yet? Thank you guys I feel better. :)
  • alyssamiller77
    alyssamiller77 Posts: 891 Member
    Options
    If its happening the day after I'd say make sure you're hydrated and well nourished. Maybe bump your calories a little, especially if you're not eating exercise calories.