The no scale challenge

Options
I unintentionally started the new year off without a weigh in to get my actual starting weight. I considering weighing in several days later but after a discussion with my future husband thought I'd give the first month a try with just focusing on the life style changes and not the numbers. Its been a really good month with few difficult days. As I approach the end of the month the weigh in discussion came up again and I've decided not to weigh in yet.

So I challenge those that need a boost to give this approach a try. Even if its for a week or two. It has been eye opening to refocus on the changes in my body and energy level. So although I would love to see that number loss I will continue on without the knowledge. I am however giving myself my 5% loss prize...a pedicure!!!

Replies

• TeresaB1979
    TeresaB1979 Posts: 158 Member
    Options
    '. Its been a really good month with few difficult days' Well then keep doing what you're doing- it's obviously working for you! :smile:

I am trying to stick to a once a month weigh in instead of checking every few days. If you show a one pound increase you can feel 'defeated' when in truth you may just be fluctuating a little because of fluid or whatever.. Obsessing over the scales is not a good idea.

I might even push out the weigh ins to every 6 weeks. Just concentrate on eating properly and not numbers! :wink: