Exercise Milestones

Options
Hi all. I have been exercising for almost 3 weeks now. I would really like to know the major exercise milestones of your journeys so I can have some expectations about mini goals and how I will feel or change. A kind of exercise road map.
Some examples could be :
Week 1
Week 2
Week 4
Week 6 ......etc
Thanks

Replies

• dsjohndrow
    dsjohndrow Posts: 1,821 Member
    Options
    In the beginning I didn't make any goals, I just stuck with the program. I finally decided to get healthy and changed the food. Then I made a goal of running a 5K. This year I want to run a marathon and a race every month.
  • ChristinaR720
    Options
    My goal in the beginning was just to get up and get moving! I had been a couch potato for too long!

I didn't set weekly goals. Because of my medical issues, I set caloric goals and then time goals and progressed when I felt I was ready to do so. I think my first goal was burning 200 calories per workout. Then, it jumped to 400, and most recently, 500 (at least once per week). I have also been pushing myself to exercise for a minimum of 20-30 minutes per day.
  • tuckerrj
    tuckerrj Posts: 1,453 Member
    Options
    My goals are pretty general. Such as, exercising 6 days a week. 3 days resistance training, 3 days cardio. For a minimum of an hour each day. Not exceeding my alloted calories.
  • Rhozelyn
    Rhozelyn Posts: 201 Member
    Options
    Great ! I will set an initial goal of consistency in tracking and exercising. Mini goals are 4weeks then 6 weeks.