No late night snacking - March 15 - 21

Options
dewdrop
dewdrop Posts: 1,715 Member
A challenge for those of us munching mindlessly after dinner: fix a cut-off time and then stay away from calories until next morning :smile:. That is, tea and water are OK, but no more chips, nuts or sweets! :angry:

If it's a must, you can still have a fruit or a salad :wink:. Actually, the challenge is a bit more free-style than it sounds :glasses: : you can make your own rules, just be sure you stick to them. Even the cut-off is adjustable (for the nights you go out or the weekends).

If you're new, start counting from the day you commit to this - there's no such thing as joining in too late, as we all reset counters from time to time :wink: :embarassed: . For the old members, I encourage you to keep track of the number of consecutive nights that you've managed so far - that can be inspiring.

Good luck, old and new :flowerforyou:. Here to us all :drinker: .

Replies

• lulabellewoowoo
    lulabellewoowoo Posts: 3,125 Member
    Options
    I'm in... as always. Starting over again with hopefully one tonight and to keep within my calories on consecutive nights (my own personal challenge). 7:30 is my cutoff tonight.
  • pmjsmom
    pmjsmom Posts: 1,926 Member
    Options
    I'm joining this challenge. I did well at first but I'm slipping. I know this will help me stay accountable.

No snacking after 8 pm most nights!
  • sunnysashka
    sunnysashka Posts: 296
    Options
    I do not eat after 6 pm. But sometimes it is so hard! Especially if me and my hubby got a babysitter and are out just two of us! :love:
  • skdehen
    skdehen Posts: 24
    Options
    I have such a hard time with this. So my goal is to not snack after 7:30pm. Sometimes with my schedule my suppers can get kinda late, but when they do I try to keep them light. I am also trying to find more things to do in the evening to keep me busy so I am not shoveling food in my mouth. :)
  • SugarHi
    SugarHi Posts: 452
    Options
    My cut off time is 6pm. This goal was an easier one for me than others. I'm all cold turkey, it's all or none. :flowerforyou:
  • Alyiah38
    Alyiah38 Posts: 2
    Options
    I'm in. 7 pm. here. I teach fitness classes so this will help me eat before, with a small snack after class! :)
  • kelbel
    kelbel Posts: 10 Member
    Options
    1.. wow sugar! way to go on the weight loss!

I actually don't have a cutoff as sometimes I don't eat until 8/8:30pm for dinner and I may not go to bed til 2am. My goal is to eat dinner and potentially a snack (like fruit or something) but not to eat junk food and not to plow through whatever is in my cupboards and make my good calorie day turn into a nightmare (which is something I frequently struggle with)
  • dewdrop
    Options
    kelbel and skdehen, if you don't have a cut-off/have dinner late due to your schedule, how about you fix a max number of calories you allow yourself after/at dinner? While making sure it's all healthy food (fruit, veggies, even raw almonds).

I'm so happy to see so many of you joining! As usual, I have a warning: there might be nights when you fail. Don't worry about that, don't feel :embarassed: (more then you need, to make next night better). Just keep on posting here. In time, you'll notice how reporting here makes you think twice in the evening if that bowl of icecream is really a must :wink:.
  • tiffanygil
    tiffanygil Posts: 478 Member
    Options
    Im so In this is my weakness and why I gaind two of my pound lost!!!
  • katya143
    katya143 Posts: 313 Member
    Options
    This is my biggest problem! Hubby has to handcuff the fridge at night! and when I go into the kitchen he calls me out! It's bittersweet! anyways...cutt off time 7:30! trying today!
  • profjan6
    profjan6 Posts: 333
    Options
    Most nights due to work schedules, we eat quite late. I try to finish a meal before 8PM, but that doesn't always happen. On the weekends, it rarely happens, especially when we go out. No matter what time I go to bed I try hard not to eat anything after the meal! Tough, but it can be done.
  • Lilmrsbardeen
    Options
    I'm in, I'm going to set my goal for 7:30pm.. I have a problem with eating late night icecream in bed while watching TV with hubby. I am sooo going to stick to this, maybe I will loose more weight quicker. I have a question though, what is the best time to not eat after, and when is the best time to exercise? In the morning or after dinner? Thank you
  • sunnysashka
    sunnysashka Posts: 296
    Options
    I'm in, I'm going to set my goal for 7:30pm.. I have a problem with eating late night icecream in bed while watching TV with hubby. I am sooo going to stick to this, maybe I will loose more weight quicker. I have a question though, what is the best time to not eat after, and when is the best time to exercise? In the morning or after dinner? Thank you

Hi there! As far as I know,

There are 2 opinions about when is the best time to stop eating.
    First - 6-7 pm
    Second opinion - in 4 hours before you go to bed. But in my opinion the second path is more dangerous because you can have dinner at 9pm and "promise" to yourself not to go to bed till 1 am, but get tired and fall asleep! )))

You should have 2 hours before and after excercises. In this case your body will not be using energy from food on work out. Your body will be using it's own sources. ))
  • nicola_743
    Options
    I'm on the challenge! Night 1 - 15th March - no snacks :-) Tomorrow will be more difficult as tonight I got back from work at 7 and had dinner then straight to the gym so no opportunity to snack! Tomorrow I'm home from work at 5pm and not at the gym till 8 so the opportunity is there! :-)
  • teetee1281
    teetee1281 Posts: 1,076 Member
    Options
    Morning! I wasn't even able to create a cutoff for the last 2 nights because Sunday was a command dinner and that did not start until 7pm and last night, I was supposed to meet a friend from a visiting ship for dinner but that fail through so I went to get something to eat about 730. Now that all the important people are gone, I can get back on track with my workout and my proper eating. I've been horrible for the last two days just because we had an inspection and our commanding officers here from Naples. It's not to often we are graced with the presence, but man, it really throws a person normal routine out the window. Oh yeah, I also have my first ball this Friday night. So I can only make my cut off time, for Tues-Thursday of course it will be 730. Then as of next Sunday, I will definitely be back on track doing my thing. :laugh:

I see a lot of new faces and some posts that I missed. I'm running out the door to the gym now, so I will try to catch sometime while I am at work. Welcome everyone!
  • rosemary10
    rosemary10 Posts: 253
    Options
    Lots of new (to me) posts. How encouraging! I'm in this week too. My current rules are 1) Minimize junk food, 2) No eating 2 hours before I go to sleep whatever time of day or night it is. 3) Eat my food that I bring to work before I buy something else, and 3) Try to get in some MUFAs every time I eat.

I'm 1/1 this week.
  • lulabellewoowoo
    lulabellewoowoo Posts: 3,125 Member
    Options
    Hi everyone. Awesome how many people have joined.

Dewdrop, posting later in the morning was an awesome idea.

For me 1/1 on not eating past 7:30 and also on keeping under my calories.

For tonight, I won't be home until after 8 after the gym, but then, only 1 cup of frozen grapes and tea.

Have a great day everyone!
  • dewdrop
    Options
    I got home too late last night, with an aching stomach. So I had to have something - I had it under control, though, so I'm pretty happy about being reasonable again and also in control :smile:.
  • jordan_vakil
    Options
    Yeah I try to drink a cup of green tea or some kind of herbal tea after dinner... It warms me up and gets me relaxed for bed. :)
  • pmjsmom
    pmjsmom Posts: 1,926 Member
    Options
    I'm 1/1 so far. Going for 2 today!