Logging stregth exercises - help please!

Options
Hi! My name is Mikki and I am new to myfitnesspal and to working out in general....just joined a fitness challenge with a friend and am finding that this is a great tool for keeping track of calories and cardio, but I can't figure out how to log strength excercises. I am doing the weight machines at my gym for about 20-30-minutes after my cardio workout. I do 3 sets of 5 reps. Do I have to log each machine separately - and I can't find anything about weightlifting in the search feature.

Let me know how to make this easier! I know I am burning calories doing this - I would sure like to see how many I burn! Thanks for your help and good luck to you all on your fitness journeys!

Mikki

Replies

• JBMSTEIN
    Options
    I would enter them seperately. Then each day depending what you do you can just check it like your food journal.I used to do my cardio first & then my strength excercises then I started to see a trainer. He said, you should warm up for 4 min. on treadmill or eliptical then do your weight training and finish with your cardio. I had such a better cardio workout when I did this! Good luck
  • jaz050465
    jaz050465 Posts: 3,508 Member
    Options
    Go to cardio and then search for strength training. It will not be accurate though as there are so many variables.