Another New Comer

asyluma
asyluma Posts: 65 Member
edited September 20 in Introduce Yourself
Hello everyone, I'd like to introduce myself. I'll stick with my name as Asyluma for now. But I'm a mother of 2 boys and 1 girl, ages 5 yrs, 2yrs, and 18 mo. My last 2 are only 14 months apart so I didn't give myself adequate time to lose the weight gain from #2. I was always sort of husky my entire life but really ballooned with my first pregnancy and never really lost the weight. Hence why I'm here. I just turned 26 last month and have been going through some major issues with my husband and myself. I just recently moved to Indiana from Colorado to help save money by living with my dad. My husband did not join us. We're hoping we can reconnect in a couple months but...
In the mean time, I'd like to get my life on track again and stay healthy and active for my kids. More so now that I'm acting as a single mom. I realized that although it may take longer than I want to lose weight, it will come if I stick to my weekly goals (with maybe a few slips along the way, no one's perfect = P). My dad turned me on to the calorie log method and since everything else has failed me, I figured I'd give it a shot. I got a tip off from my brother about MFP. I'm looking forward to trying to be the person I want to be and hope I can make friends and supporters along the way.
SO HERE'S TO THE BEGINNING OF THE NEW ME! = )
Thanks all for reading.

Replies

• AnneElise
    AnneElise Posts: 4,206 Member
    Welcome! :smile:

2 tips to start out:

1) drink all of your water

2) be honest with your logging!
  • Hiiii! I'm new, too. Not much to say. Just gotta be more conscience about what I eat.
  • Berna
    Berna Posts: 23
    Welcome! The journey for you has begun and if I may suggest, have fun blogging and logging your activities and foods, but don't obsess about it if you fall off the tracks. We all do from time to time, the main thing is to keep at it and have fun! I have lost over 100 pounds since I started losing weight and am on my last 25. I only started posting my goals a little while ago because I was ashamed of myself. I have learned there is nothing to be ashamed of, only motivated for! Take care and good luck!
  • enromero
    enromero Posts: 104
    Hi! Im also from Indiana! I found this site 2 weeks ago and now im addicted to it! Hope u like it as much as I do. Just remember if u mess up one day just get right back on track the next! Good luck with ur weight loss!!
  • PecanTan
    PecanTan Posts: 47
    Welcome, just remember that you can do this, yes it may take some time but don't worry about yesterday because it gone and don't think about tomorrow because it's not here yet just focus on the hear and now. Best tip always be truthful on your logging this is really going to help you get the weight off. YOU CAN DO IT!!!!
  • TheMaidOfAstolat
    TheMaidOfAstolat Posts: 3,222 Member
    Welcome. This is a great site and everyone is very supportive. :flowerforyou:
This discussion has been closed.