When I ask for advice, why do you need to see my diary?

Options
13»

Replies

• yoovie
    yoovie Posts: 17,121 Member
    Options
    I am a very private person and I do not want my diary to be public. When I post a topic and ask for advice, I try to post pertenant info in the topic. However, some people that reply to the post, dont give advice and sound like they think I am stupid for not sharing all my info if I am gonna ask a question. Am I being too sensitiveor is it really neccessary to see all my info to give advice?

most folks who want to view your diary are just NOSEY and want to find something wrong in an effort to make themselves feel self-important...

false. most people on here dont give a crap about the other people here, much less what people are eating that are in worse shape than they are. If I ask to see someone's diary, I know it's a pain for them to unprivatize it, so i dont ask unless it is something that I really need them to do.

the car hood is the best analogy here. I dont want to pop the hood of a broken car cause Im NOSEY wtf
  • Crochetluvr
    Crochetluvr Posts: 3,143 Member
    Options
    My diary has been public from day one. But I have never posted for advice, either. ;)
  • OneDimSim
    OneDimSim Posts: 188 Member
    Options
    Am I being too sensitive or is it really neccessary to see all my info to give advice?

Both.

Agreed. Both.
  • ednaemerson
    ednaemerson Posts: 63 Member
    Options
    It took me months of sea sawing back and forth before I opened my diary for my friends. I now enjoy my friends helping me out on some issues. I will say that if someone gets to vocal with me I will let them know in a nice way that even tho I like their input just don't overwhelm me and don't police me every time I have a little slip. In the end DO WHAT WORKS FOR YOU.!!!
  • Healthydiner65
    Healthydiner65 Posts: 1,579 Member
    Options
    Seriously?
  • lwright311
    lwright311 Posts: 69 Member
    Options
    714rah714, thanks for the laugh. Thats pretty funny.
  • Sabine_Stroehm
    Sabine_Stroehm Posts: 19,263 Member
    Options
    I am a very private person and I do not want my diary to be public. When I post a topic and ask for advice, I try to post pertenant info in the topic. However, some people that reply to the post, dont give advice and sound like they think I am stupid for not sharing all my info if I am gonna ask a question. Am I being too sensitiveor is it really neccessary to see all my info to give advice?

most folks who want to view your diary are just NOSEY and want to find something wrong in an effort to make themselves feel self-important...
    I don't think that's true at all. She JUST posted about a plateau. How can we help her if we don't know what she's doing/eating?