Can someone give ideas on using cottage cheese???

Options
2»

Replies

• rjbalcer
    Options
    *Low Fat Cottage cheese goes so well with cukes and red and yellow peppers...I also use it on baked potatoes instead of butter or margarine, actually its really good and makes a wonderful lunch! I love the Fiber One low fat cottage cheese it even has fiber in it- and you can also sprinkle in some Chia seeds!
  • DaveHuby
    DaveHuby Posts: 175 Member
    Options
    On wholemeal or Granary toast - spread with half a mashed banana, spread cottage cheese on top, then grill til golden.

Yummy breakfast!
  • DaveHuby
    DaveHuby Posts: 175 Member
    Options
    pass cottage cheese through a sieve, mix with same weight of fat free greek yoghurt, stir in the seeds out of 6 cardamon pods (lightly crshed but not ground to a powder) add a drizzle of honey if liked.

cover the bowl with cling film or a close fitting lid. refrigerate for an hour or so, delicious served over fruit salad, fresh pineapple, fresh melon etc
  • 1julietax
    1julietax Posts: 117 Member
    Options
    I add salsa to mine along with avocado..Yummy..
  • lwanbaugh81
    lwanbaugh81 Posts: 70 Member
    Options
    As a dip for a serving of baked chips!! This has always been one of my guilty pleasures. Of course it used to be half a bag of regular chips and a whole thing of cottage cheese!
  • Roxie772013
    Options
    I like to eat it with my salad instead of adding salad dressings. It goes good with the fresh veggies.
  • heddylyn
    heddylyn Posts: 173 Member
    Options
    I like it in chili instead of sour cream. I also put it on top of my bean burritos. (Sounds gross but I really like it!) My Mom used to give it to us with canned pears on top as well.
  • 130annie
    130annie Posts: 339 Member
    Options
    Looks good....
  • kmmpink
    kmmpink Posts: 63 Member
    Options
    I mix mine with broccoli and cheese. Yummy! or with my scrambled eggs!