Calories in Dunkin Donuts Sugar Packet?

Anyone know? I actually measured out a one and it is not quite a teaspoon! Just wondering.

Replies

• Daysednconfused
    Daysednconfused Posts: 975 Member
    I'm not trying to be a smartazz, but why not just fill up the tsp and use the standard tsp amount. Or if you don't need/want the whole tsp, eyeball how much of it it is?

Just a quick lookup from ASK.com:

In one level teaspoon, 16 calories and 4 grams of carbohydrate. One rounded is 1 1/2 tsp and 24 calories with 6 grams of carbohydrate. Depends on how you measure one teaspoon i.e. measuring spoon or silverware spoon.
  • hdlb
    hdlb Posts: 333 Member
    Its just white sugar? Just find "1tsp, white sugar" in the database and you'll have your answer.
  • Lauri524
    Lauri524 Posts: 54 Member
    Thanks. The reason I ask is I sometimes make my coffee at home and fix it up on the run or at work. The office has these packets of sugar and the amount of packets I use daily varies, depending on how much coffee I am drinking throughout the day. I've been counting 15 calories per packet even though they are not quite a teaspoon. I just find it funny that a packet of sugar is not in the database so I thought I would throw the question out there for a definitive calorie count :)
  • sugar packet is in the database. I've used it. check again.
  • jdiferdi
    jdiferdi Posts: 2
    The database appears to say a sugar packet is a half a teaspoon, which would be 8 calories. That seems somewhat consistent with what you found. That's what I'm going to go with. It is also consistent with Sugar Packet in the MFP database.