Hooray for me and a silly questions

Options
i lost 3.4 pounds this week!!! but the scale doesn't even compare to how much better i feel. i have more energy (drinking less coffee at work), i sleep better, and i feel happier. amazing:happy:

now for the silly questions. if my projected weight loss is supposed to be 1 pound a week, should i be concerned about losing more than that? if i continue to lose weight at this rate, is it bad?

i :heart: MFP!!!!!

Replies

• emtink
    emtink Posts: 387 Member
    Options
    i lost 3.4 pounds this week!!! but the scale doesn't even compare to how much better i feel. i have more energy (drinking less coffee at work), i sleep better, and i feel happier. amazing:happy:

now for the silly questions. if my projected weight loss is supposed to be 1 pound a week, should i be concerned about losing more than that? if i continue to lose weight at this rate, is it bad?

• Healthier_Me
    Healthier_Me Posts: 5,600 Member
    Options

No way... don't worry if you're losing more than the site says you should be as long as you're doing it in a healthy way.

~Joanna:flowerforyou:
  • yoginimary
    yoginimary Posts: 6,783 Member
    Options
    By the same token, don't get too upset if 3 weeks from now, you don't lose anything for one week, or two, or three. It's all part of the contest.
  • emtink
    emtink Posts: 387 Member
    Options
    thanks ladies. you're right mary, i shouldn't expect to keep up this rate forever. but i'll take it while it lasts :laugh:
  • catlover
    catlover Posts: 389
    Options
    Every night my little projection tells me I will lose about 10 pounds in 5 weeks and I never do. I weigh the same now that I did when I started two months ago, so enjoy it while you can get it, and keep doing the same things for a while because it's what works for you.

Me, I'm off to the doc on Monday, wishing it was this week because I'm leaving for vacation next week, Sat, and I was hoping to have some tests done before I left. I know now that it'll be put on hold until I return, so I'm going to go, eat, drink, and be merry, and start again when I return on April 9th. Hopefully I can get the appointment for a physical scheduled before I go so I'll have that to look forward to when I come back.
  • AJCM
    AJCM Posts: 2,169 Member
    Options
    Congrats on the loss!
    :flowerforyou:

I'm with Mary... sometime it could be more, sometimes less...

Last week I'd lost 5lbs, and this week only 1lb... I guess the body just needs time to adjust?

Keep up the good work!
    :smile:
  • Nich0le
    Nich0le Posts: 2,906 Member
    Options
    you want an average of 1 lb per week. Some weeks I loose a lot and then I seem to stay the same for a couple of weeks, the body is a strange thing. If you consistently loose more than 2 lbs per week you will need to increase your food, but wait, initial weight loss is usually higher than a few months into it. You are doing great, go with it!

:flowerforyou:
  • auntkaren
    auntkaren Posts: 1,490 Member
    Options
    Congratulations Mary:drinker: :drinker: I know what you mean about feeling so much better.:drinker: