Does The Medifast diet work?

Options
13»

Replies

• psuLemon
    psuLemon Posts: 38,411 MFP Moderator
    Options
    MEDIFAST IS A MIRACLE PLAN THAT WORKED GREAT FOR ME HOWEVER AFTER I GOT OFF IT I RELAPSED INTO MY OLD HABITS AND DIDNT DO THE MAINTENANCE PLAN . I WAS ON MEDIFAST FOR 6 MONTHS AND LOST 110 POUNDS . I NEVER ONCE CHEATED IN THOSE 6 MONTHS SO IT WORKED AS IT IS ADVERTISED TO DO . I AM NOW BACK ON MEDIFAST FOR THE LAST 4 DAYS AND HAVE DROPPED 9 POUNDS . I AM AIMING AT LOSING ANOTHER 110 POUNDS AND THEN HOPEFULLY I CAN TRANSITION BETTER NEXT .

First, typing in all caps means yelling. Second, if Medifast truly worked for you, then you wouldn't have relapse, in my opinion. The reason most diets fail is because they don't teach you how or what to eat. If you learn from day one, what and how much to eat, your long term success or diet adherence will be much greater.
  • KnM0107
    KnM0107 Posts: 355 Member
    Options
    He wont. He is looking for the magic pill. He has been on presciption diet pills because of his weight and he gets easily discouraged when he doesnt start loosing right away.I have tried portion control, healthy meals tried getting to exercise and even got consult for lap band. He never wants to do any of that. Im glad he is taking this step he is getting close to 400lbs.

IMHO, your husband is going to have to change his attitude before anything works. Weightloss is hard work and until he learns that he has to stick with something and not give up, he will just continue to throw money away on "miracles".
  • psuLemon
    psuLemon Posts: 38,411 MFP Moderator
    Options
    He wont. He is looking for the magic pill. He has been on presciption diet pills because of his weight and he gets easily discouraged when he doesnt start loosing right away.I have tried portion control, healthy meals tried getting to exercise and even got consult for lap band. He never wants to do any of that. Im glad he is taking this step he is getting close to 400lbs.

IMHO, your husband is going to have to change his attitude before anything works. Weightloss is hard work and until he learns that he has to stick with something and not give up, he will just continue to throw money away on "miracles".

Just a heads up, this is year old thread, lol..
  • KnM0107
    KnM0107 Posts: 355 Member
    Options

Just a heads up, this is year old thread, lol..

Ha! Thanks! I had a long work day... I should probably just go to bed lol!
  • walkdmc
    walkdmc Posts: 529 Member
    Options
    LOL, sorry for the bump, I typed a long response then read this was an old thread.