Macros

Options
Okay MFP experts....
So i seem to be stuck and when i looked back at my diaries i noticed that i almost never eat all the fat or all the carbs...usually over on protien...
Think it is simple enough that if I hit those goals the scale will budge?
Problem seems to be that when I try to hit fat goal, calories go up too obviously....
Thoughts? I a, on my last 15 pounds and over 40 so I know it just takes work, but I have been the same wt for a year!!! I have had NSV like I can run now and look leaner but really want the tummy, thigh and arm flab to go...increasing Strength training now...
Ut curious what ya'll experience is with meeting macros...thanks in advance...
My goal is set at 1400..

Replies

• auddii
    auddii Posts: 15,357 Member
    Options
    It's likely not your macros, protein levels are usually considered a minimum by a lot of people on here. If you're down to your last 15lbs, the weight loss will slow, and you'll need to change your goals to lose 0.5 lbs a week. It comes off slower, and you're going to need to up your calories as you get closer and closer to maintenance.

ETA: Your protein levels actually look low, but I'm not sure how much you weigh. Protein and fat should be based off of how much you weigh:

http://www.myfitnesspal.com/topics/show/819055-setting-your-calorie-and-macro-targets
  • lasmit4477
    lasmit4477 Posts: 308 Member
    Options
    You may want to calculate your TDEE and then take a 15-20% deficit from your actual TDEE that includes your activity level. You would not have to worry about eating back exercise calories since they would be figured into your TDEE deficit.

15 pounds is not much weight left to lose, so losing or setting a goal for 1/2 lb a week would be reasonable. As far as macro targets, it depends on your goals. Most people find that 35% carbs, 25% fats and 40% protein works well for them.
  • erinsueburns
    erinsueburns Posts: 865 Member
    Options
    Yep, I would change the weightloss setting to half a pound, and maybe adjust the macros so it isn't quite so carb loaded if you are adding resistance training to your repertoire.

To try to hit the fat goal though, maybe switch to 2% Greek yogurt and maybe try adding a half ounce or better of nuts a day (the unsalted unsweetened kind you get from the baking aisle) as there is lots of healthy fats in there (extra bonus-people who eat nuts regularly have better heart health facors http://www.mayoclinic.com/health/nuts/HB00085 scroll to the bottom for list of articles referenced).
  • Fitmom4boys
    Fitmom4boys Posts: 36 Member
    Options
    Thanks all for the repsonse...appreciate the link to the mfp site and other tips...
    Mainly you all have said what I was thinking...
    Up my calories to lose..l
    If I set it at 1/2 pound a week i have 1600 calories....
    My tdee according to fitness frog is 1970....so 1600 would be about roght...then i dont worry abut eat excercise cal?
    I know it need to be slow but darnit..i am signed up for a sprint tri in May and i dont want to jiggle when I run :)
  • kellyscomeback
    kellyscomeback Posts: 1,369 Member
    Options
    Here's a helpful link:
    http://www.myfitnesspal.com/topics/show/654536-in-place-of-a-road-map-2-0-revised-7-2-12

I'm 5'5", 150 and I eat 2200 a day which includes my exercise calories.
  • Fitmom4boys
    Fitmom4boys Posts: 36 Member
    Options
    Thanks kel! That is the article that made me start questioning my low ...
    Your ticker is awesome, are you losing still on 2200? I am going to try 1600 and only weigh in on Wed am...try to only chooses healthy cal and get some excercise in too... Thanks again! Hope it works!! Seems to make sense that if I am not losing at all and seem to get back to the 152 i amstuck at. I need to do something different...Eat more would not be my first guess tho :)