Encouragement Group STARTING: Get off the couch this week.

sunnydawne
sunnydawne Posts: 2
edited September 20 in Fitness and Exercise
:flowerforyou: Goodmorning. So I have one week of eating healthy under my belt. My goal for my first week was to make getting up earlier a routine for one week, in addition to staying on track with my food. Week two goal is to START exercising, get off the couch.

1. Plan? Exercise for 30 minutes 3x this week. ; decrease laziness, ie: instead of elevator, walk up one floor and down two.

2. How? Join community center, a mear two blocks from home; ride bike if good weather; yoga.

So, join this group, I will post every week and we can share the SMALL steps we can take each new week to a healthier life.

Dawn :smile:

Replies

• Hello! I love encouragement groups! Last week was a very good week for me, eating well and exerising, I'm hoping this week will be even better :)

1. My plan: is to exercise 5 days this week for 30-45 mins each day, three days of cardio (running and/or my biggest loser video) and two days with weights, also remembering to bring lots of healthy snacks each day to work

2. How: Running after work in the park on the days the weather is good, getting up early enough to do my video (that means going to bed earlier ) and hitting up the gym with a girlfriend at least once!
  • That getting up early is a trick! ;-)
  • sonjavon
    sonjavon Posts: 1,019 Member
    That getting up early is a trick! ;-)

Especially when Daylight Saving Time changes!

I'll join your group! My goal this week is to do a solid 30 minutes each day. This morning my 30 minutes HAD to be cleaning - but I did it with gusto! I don't do a lot weights yet - I'm still pretty out of shape and just trying to get into "active" mode... I figure carrying around all the extra weight I've been carrying for years has been some pretty good "strenghth training" lol! I'm looking to make some mini goals this week... but I'm still trying to figure out what's reasonable...
This discussion has been closed.