Starving

Options
It is so alarming and sad to see someone on this site, with access to people who have a lot of wisdom when it comes to weightloss, who are still starving themselves thinking that is the way they will lose weight. I saw someone on here who is only eating around 400 calories per day and has their max calories set to 900. With the workouts that person is doing, they are taking in negative calories a day which will eventually lead to the hospital. I just wanted to put out a message to those who think this is the answer to say, "Food is not the enemy!" You should be eating healthy food in healthy amounts, not eating almost nothing and slowly killing your internal organs. Please, if this is you, see a doctor and get some help before you do irreparable damage to yourself. There are a lot of people on here who want to love and support you in your journey, reach out to someone you trust and get healthy.

Replies

• jakidb
    jakidb Posts: 1,010 Member
    Options
    Love the post :)
  • nightengale7
    nightengale7 Posts: 563 Member
    Options
    bump
  • nightengale7
    nightengale7 Posts: 563 Member
    Options
    bump
  • Erin_goBrahScience
    Erin_goBrahScience Posts: 1,215 Member
    Options
    I have actually seen this on here. It makes me sad.

While I am on one end of the spectrum (fat) I didn’t start out that way. I mean in my head I was fat, but I wasn’t. More than half of my life was spent cutting calories and doing excessive cardio. The result was rapid weight loss, but no closer to feeling happy with my body. I swear if I knew at 18 or 20 what I know now…I would have been hitting the weights and not hating food. And everyone can tell them that they are doing more harm than good, but they won’t listen until they are ready.

Ya can lead a horse to water…
  • Chief_Rocka
    Chief_Rocka Posts: 4,710 Member
    Options
    with access to people who have a lot of wisdom when it comes to weightloss,

lol
  • KarenJanine
    KarenJanine Posts: 3,497 Member
    Options
    Well said OP.

MFP is set up so that 1200 cals in the MINIMUM anyone should be eating. So no one should be eating less than this, at least not on a regular basis, unless under the instruction of a physician.