Sprain, Strain, or Stretch it out?

Options
Yesterday my car was a frozen block and I had to push it around the parking lot to get to good angles for boosting and plug access. Today, my right shoulder is MURDER and my right pectoral is KILLING me and it's incredibly hard to breathe. I feel like I got stabbed in the lung. The pain goes as far down as my rib cage ends, it radiates all throughout there. Now, I am still without a vehicle so that means no walk ins or ER, and I HAVE to stay at work. (I know of the risks I'm taking with my hody here by not going but I seriously do not have the option of going to the doctor)
I've told my coworkers about my injury and they're OK with me taking it easy (and thankfully my job isn't all that physically demanding).

My question is do you think this is a sprain, a strain, or something I can remedy with a good stretch? Please help!

Replies

• FlannelMothman
    FlannelMothman Posts: 193 Member
    Options
    Bump
  • jojo1410
    jojo1410 Posts: 151
    Options
    Sounds painful. I guess I would ice it and take ibuprofen to reduce swellling and try not to use it too much over the next few days. Good luck!
  • ahviendha
    ahviendha Posts: 1,291 Member
    Options
    with your use of caps and words like "murder" and "killing me" it sounds more than a strain or sprain.

since you say you don't have the option of going to the doctor, take it very easy, don't use the shoulder, ice it & take something to reduce swelling.

once it feels okay to move, do range of movement stretches. a good stretch is slightly painful, but a tolerable pain which lessens within 30 seconds or so.
  • rocket_ace
    rocket_ace Posts: 380 Member
    Options
    I'm a big believer in letting something rest if it needs it. powering thru will often exacerbate the injury. remember, you are in it for the long term, and in the long term you will win it. need to take a break from exercise due to an injury? maybe try a different form of exercise (so instead of upper body work, do lots of lower, and medicate what hurts til its better). or else, just take a break (reduce calories if you are looking to lose weight, if you think it won't interfere w/ recovery!).