I must be doing something wrong!

Options
2»

Replies

• aguilpul
    Options
    Thank you so much everybody. I'm slowly started to feel better. I just felt so disapointed. If it would have been the same as last week I would have been ok, but an extra pound after all that effort (I even worked out on the weekends) made me so mad.

I promise I'm eating at least 1300 calories a day. And I will follow everyone's advice and give it extra time, look out for my portions, etc.

You know? I'm even considering getting rid of my scale. Well, maybe that's too much.
  • aguilpul
    Options
    One more thing, any advice to get rid of water weight? I am hoping that's what it's going on.
  • Rachlmale
    Rachlmale Posts: 640 Member
    Options
    You know? I'm even considering getting rid of my scale. Well, maybe that's too much.

I wouldn't get rid of my scale... after all in the end you're going to want to know your weight loss. But if you're going to get hung up on the weekly losses perhaps just put them away for the time being.
  • aelunyu
    aelunyu Posts: 486 Member
    Options
    I do one of these replies a day.

you cannot go into survival mode if you have fat stores that you are trying to lose. you go into survival mode when you no longer have enough fat on your body to keep your body running, so the body stops burning fat. that's the whole point of us storing fat...to avoid this "mode".

that being said..the scale number shifting up or down by up to 5 lb a day is no biggie. It's water, it's other stuff that you can't control. What matters is the number is going down per month or per two months!
  • NutellaAddict
    NutellaAddict Posts: 1,258 Member
    Options
    IMO the scale is SOMEWHAT a indicator but not completely..I judge by the way my clothes fit...unless you shrink them.....
  • ImmaZombie
    Options
    I do one of these replies a day.

you cannot go into survival mode if you have fat stores that you are trying to lose. you go into survival mode when you no longer have enough fat on your body to keep your body running, so the body stops burning fat. that's the whole point of us storing fat...to avoid this "mode".

that being said..the scale number shifting up or down by up to 5 lb a day is no biggie. It's water, it's other stuff that you can't control. What matters is the number is going down per month or per two months!

That's a very helpful post. Thanks so much.