OK you successful losers - what sis you eat????

Options
dsweise
dsweise Posts: 19 Member
I have over 200 lbs. to lose and I am slowly working on losing it, but I know that I can do better. What I want to know from successful losers is what foods did you eat over the long term? I'm asking because I have had success eating low carb in the past but it doesn't seem to be working as well at the moment and I'm not sure I can really maintain it long term.

Replies

• chunkiedunker
    chunkiedunker Posts: 144 Member
    Options
    what have i eaten? anything i want. You just have to eat it in portion controls. if i wasn't able to have certain foods ever again to be skinny or i could eat them and be fat it would be a very tough choice but i would probably be fat. I can enjoy a piece of pizza still without eating an entire pizza.

I put myself into a calorie allowance and try to stay under that every day. if i go over, i pick myself back up and start again tomorrow. i didn't get fat over night, i wont lose it over night.

I try to allow myself to eat a few small meals a day instead of one or two large meals. but if i go overboard in one meal i know i have to skip out on something else. Its not what you eat, its how much of it you eat.
  • krowanvil
    krowanvil Posts: 49 Member
    Options
    So far, I can eat whatever I want I just have to keep tabs on the portion sizes to stay within my calorie goals for the day. That being said, I have learned a few helpfull eating tips.

Eating more protien and fiber, and drinking more water, keeps you feeling full.
    The longer you go without high sugar foods, the less you crave them.
  • gabriellejayde
    gabriellejayde Posts: 607 Member
    Options
    my diary is open if you want to see.
  • lel76
    lel76 Posts: 13 Member
    Options
    Anything I want as long as I stick within my calories allowed for the day and watch my portion sizes! I think of this as a life style choice that's forever and not a diet! I wouldn't be able to think like this if I completely rule out certain foods that I like. My motto is everything in proportion. Even 'Healthy' food could impact on your weight if you ate unlimited amounts! Good luck on your journey
  • punkin66
    Options
    I have lost total since june 2011 -112 lbs. I am working on the last 80lbs. I have used multiple recipes from this web site: www.skinnytaste.com
  • 4mydogs
    4mydogs Posts: 66 Member
    Options
    I think what the others have said is great advice. No foods are off limit but saying that I try to focus on whole grains, veggies, fruits, lean protiens. When I started I really focused on staying in my calroie goals each day, getting some excercise and making as healthy food choices as I could. When I started I also would have said I would never eat Kale Chips or use a juicer and I do both of those now, so during this process I have changed. Also the best advice I got was to not worry about the past because its over, don't fret about the future because its not even here yet, just focus on today. If you have a bad day, just let it go and move on. It takes time to gain weight and time to lose it so be kind to yourself!!
  • Daysednconfused
    Daysednconfused Posts: 975 Member
    Options
    Ditto on the anything I want. My diary is also open. Warning! It reads like a book!
  • buckeyetex315
    buckeyetex315 Posts: 33 Member
    Options
    Lots of good advice here and it is pretty much what I do. I eat anything I want within my calorie goals, but I try to eat a balanced diet and use portion control. I don't eat a really low carb diet because carbs are what gives me the energy to do what I need / want to do. Again, it's a balance. I'm type 2 diabetic and had some nutrition classes to learn to deal with diabetes. The dietician is who really emphasized not to go too low on my carbs. She also me to not deprive myself totally on the things that I really crave. Give yourself permission to have a SMALL portion of something that some might say to cut out entirely. Portion control is key. For instance, have a small piece of chocolate candy (a Snickers mini) instead of a whole big candy bar. This helps you get away from the "I just gotta have it because I'm not supposed to have it" routine.
  • Alissakae
    Alissakae Posts: 317 Member
    Options
    I eat what I want as well. I've been working on adding in more fruits and veggies, and as I do that I crave sugar and chocolate less -so that's been awesome. Enjoy life, track calories and stay within your limits, and it's all good.
  • brower47
    brower47 Posts: 16,356 Member
    Options
    I only have one sis, and I don't want to eat her.

I kid, I kid.
  • princessd84
    princessd84 Posts: 121 Member
    Options
    I try to make sure I eat healthily the majority of the time, because I want to make sure I'm getting the right nutrients and eating the right proportions of carbs, proteins, fat etc. I'm also consciously trying to up my calcium intake at present as I'm wary of developing osteoporosis in later life.

Having said that, I also have "treat" stuff in moderation and account for this in my daily calorie intake.

It's all about balance for me :)
  • DawnMarieMomofTwo
    DawnMarieMomofTwo Posts: 186 Member
    Options
    When i lost the most weight i was on a low carb high protien diet i did it for 3 months and slowly introduced carbs back into my diet continued to lose :)
  • jzammetti
    jzammetti Posts: 1,956 Member
    Options
    I also eat whatever I want, but within my caloric guidelines.

How much are you eating each day? Maybe not enough...when I did that low calorie thing I stalled after a while and was completely stuck for 4 months until I started to eat more.
  • cnelson1974
    cnelson1974 Posts: 235 Member
    Options
    My diary is open too. I switched to mostly veggies and protein instead of processed foods. Good luck :)
Do you Love MyFitnessPal? Have you crushed a goal or improved your life through better nutrition using MyFitnessPal?
Share your success and inspire others. Leave us a review on Apple Or Google Play stores!