50lb loss... Trying to remotivate for the next 50!

Options
KristenE83
KristenE83 Posts: 187 Member
I'm still having a hard time seeing my weight loss, so I figured I would get some pics together to show my progress. Stupid me didn't take actual progress pics, so I just used randoms... hope this works!

I started counting my weight loss at 277 lbs. I started there because that's when I started tracking everything and working out. I kickbox 3 times a week, I go jogging (did my first 5k mud race in November!!!), and when all else fails I throw in a p90 dvd. There really is no secret to it: burn more than you consume. I figured I would give it a shot, and wouldn't ya know... it worked! haha I am down 52 lbs since May-ish, and I'm just trying to get remotivated for the next 50. Figured posting this would light the fire under my *kitten*!

I'm 5'9" and I have a pretty large frame (thank you Norwegian genes!). My goal weight is 175 because that's where I felt I was at my healthiest weight. Hopefully these next 50 come off as easy as the first 50 did!

1-3_zpsa40b8765.jpg
4-5_zpsab959733.jpg

Pic1 - Sept 2011 - 285lbs... I don't count this weight because I just had my son, so I figure some of the weight is "baby weight"
Pic2 - April 2012 - 277lbs
Pic3 - August 2012 - 257lbs
Pic4 - November 2012 - 239lbs... 5k Mud Race!!!
Pic5 - January 2013 - 225lbs

Replies

• WIChelle
    WIChelle Posts: 471 Member
    Options
    Wow great results!
  • MonicaBenavidez
    MonicaBenavidez Posts: 92 Member
    Options
    You look amazing! Great job. Keep it up. :)
  • cubbies77
    cubbies77 Posts: 607 Member
    Options
    Great job!

The next 50 will be even more noticeable, since you're smaller. My friend looks completely different every time she loses 10 pounds, whereas I have to lose 30 to see a difference.

Keep going! :)
  • jesszds82
    Options
    Clearly, you're doing great! Pictures don't lie. Keep it up! It's tough to see the results when you look at yourself everyday. Very inspiring, lady! So happy for you!
  • mmckee10
    mmckee10 Posts: 405 Member
    Options
    Great job Kristen!!!
  • jakidb
    jakidb Posts: 1,010 Member
    Options
    you look gr8t!
  • bpwparents
    bpwparents Posts: 359 Member
    Options
    You look amazing! I started about the same time/weight as you. You carried yours much better than myself though. We can do this. It seems like we've been at this forever sometimes doesn't it? 170-180 is my 1st goal. I'll be happy if that's where I get to. More would be great but I need to do at least that.
  • madamecj82
    madamecj82 Posts: 207 Member
    Options
    Awesome job, Pretty Lady! You look great! Keep it up! =)
  • harscopix
    Options
    Great job! Just keep doing what you've been doing and you'll be fine.
  • wizbeth1218
    wizbeth1218 Posts: 358 Member
    Options
    Surely after looking at these pics you see your weight loss! You look fabulous! I love how your ever-slimming face makes your gorgeous smile more noticeable with each progress picture.

You are doing GREAT and your hard work is paying off. Thanks for the inspiration!
  • muffle1969
    muffle1969 Posts: 96 Member
    Options
    Interesting...you look much younger now than you did 50 pounds ago. I hope it works that way for me! :) Awesome job!
  • gemaudlin
    Options
    Great job!!! I'm in the same situation. I started at 276 last year. I'm down to 196. So I've lost 80 lbs total. I can't really see a huge difference, but apparently everybody else can. You can DEFINITELY see a difference in your pics! Keep up the AMAZING work!

I still have 50 more to go!

Anybody feel free to add me! We can help each other through the last 50 together!

-Gabrielle
  • Guisma
    Guisma Posts: 215
    Options
    First off all , gradulations ! The results are amazing , second .... 50lbs are alot , why dont u go for 20lbs and then see how that feels ?
  • bipsqueen
    bipsqueen Posts: 57 Member
    Options
    You have done a fantastic job! Keep up the great work!!
  • rayray61
    rayray61 Posts: 68 Member
    Options
    AWSOME !!!!!
  • sorkat
    sorkat Posts: 17 Member
    Options
    ~ Congrats! You have done an amazing job...keep going and you will reach your goal :-)
  • Guisma
    Guisma Posts: 215
    Options
    aha , i didnt read the last part where u mention that u felt the healthiest, if u did , go for it !!!!
  • TrishPo02
    TrishPo02 Posts: 3 Member
    Options
    Congrats on your hardwork! You have inspired me. I have just been on the band-wagon since Jan1 and am encouraged after reading your note. Best of luck with pursuing your next 50!! You can do it!!
  • KristenE83
    Options
    Thanks everyone!!! After putting the pictures together I do see the difference. It's funny how sometimes you just can't see yourself.

Thanks for all the words of encouragement!
  • KristenE83
    Options
    First off all , gradulations ! The results are amazing , second .... 50lbs are alot , why dont u go for 20lbs and then see how that feels ?

I actualy took this as a compliment!!! Because I am tall, and my weight is kind of carried evenly, I hide it well lol When I was 175 I was still in a size 12 pant size.... I appreciate the compliment though!!!!
Do you Love MyFitnessPal? Have you crushed a goal or improved your life through better nutrition using MyFitnessPal?
Share your success and inspire others. Leave us a review on Apple Or Google Play stores!