Soda Can Cupcakes

Options
bogensbergma
bogensbergma Posts: 4 Member
Just tried this last night and they are pretty good considering....all you need is:

1 box of cake mix
1 can of diet soda

I did chocolate cake mix with diet coke. Cupcakes are 84 calories a piece and it makes 19 cupcakes. You can do lots of combinations like Funfetti with diet 7-up. Spice cake with diet cream soda....just google it and you will find other combos.

Happy Eating!

Replies

• cjr1951
    Options
    I have made this using white cake mix and orange soda. It was really good. I have heard that Chocolate cake and Dr. Pepper is also very good.
  • Chief_Rocka
    Chief_Rocka Posts: 4,710 Member
    Options
    Diet soda gave me the beetus
  • DebLee
    DebLee Posts: 38 Member
    Options
    If you don't want the citus taste from diet 7 up or sprite, you can use club soda. Does the exact same thing.
  • tndejong
    tndejong Posts: 463
    Options
    i did this. but i used devils food cake and when it was done. i punched holes on the top of the cake and used sugar free choc pudding on the top. it will seep into the holes and act like frosting on the top. then i refrigerated it. very very good. i cup 8 pieces from a 13x9 pan. very large pieces and under 250 calories.
  • Atarahh
    Atarahh Posts: 485 Member
    Options
    bump
  • leap314
    leap314 Posts: 75 Member
    Options
    bump
  • TMR001
    TMR001 Posts: 37
    Options
    If you don't want the synthetic sweetners....

Stevia sweetened sodas work well too. While sometimes the flavor of these sodas is a little off when drinking them you don't notice in this cake...

also cola chicken with the stevia sweetened soda work well too. can cola over chicken breast in crockpot until done. yum