Gall Bladder Issues?

Options
13»

Replies

• jennmodugno
    jennmodugno Posts: 363 Member
    Options
    I had mine taken out last summer. An ultrasound will tell them if it needs removing, and then laproscopic surgery (did I spell that right?) is minimally invasive and I was back at my karate class a week later. :) I can't eat Peanut Butter, but that's a minor inconvenience compared to the pain. Some people can't eat fatty foods without being sick, but if that happens there's a powder they give you to sprinkle on your food to make it better. Overall, worth it! The scars are small, also. Not the huge things people got not so long ago!
  • SanteMulberry
    SanteMulberry Posts: 3,202 Member
    Options
    I never had gall bladder problems then one day i was having a problem breathing and it last about 10 minutes with a pain in between my shoulderblades and the chest and it felt like i was in a vice being squished. They started happening once a month and sometimes they would last for 10 minutes longest was 4 hours is was horrible horrible pain. Found out it was my gall bladder and 3 months later they took it out and i have felt great ever since. Hope you figure it out. I know my grandpa has gall stones but he never has any attacks so they haven't done anything with his.

This explains mine perfectly. It was difficult to breathe, had pain in my chest and it radiated to my shoulder blades. The night I was diagnosed, I woke up around 1 AM thinking I was having a heart attack. My husband was working 1,500 miles away and I had to call my sister and her hubby to come watch my 1 year old and have them take me to the ER. I seriously thought I was going to die. Took 3 morphine injections to alleviate the pain.

Many women have their first attack after they have a baby. It is because the fetus pushes up on the gall bladder as it grows and produces stasis of bile in the gall bladder, which then will often form a stone in the fundus of the gall bladder. After delivery, an especially fatty meal can cause the gall bladder to empty quickly and then the stone gets flushed into the bile duct. Often it will pass, if it isn't too big, and the victim is none the wiser. But, if it gets stuck---the victim will be in a world of hurt until the stone is extracted through endoscopy--and then once the victim is feeling better, following with a cholecystectomy. But just as often, a surgeon will just elect to handle it in one fell swoop---especially if he feels there has been damage to the bile duct that must be repaired.
  • Fat_Jimi
    Options
    last time I was light I droped 25kg in arround 8 months

I went to a family function and there was A LOT of nanna food there and as I had been living on an extreamly low fat diet at the time, I went to bed with what felt like some one clamping my chest like a vice

as a typcal male, I said nothing

then at 3 am I said to my wife um I think you might want to take me to the hospital, I'm in agany and its getting worse blah blah blah

I got to the hospital and they didnt know what was going on, I got transferd to a hospital with a better cardio section they did an angiogram and found out I was strong as a horse did some more investigating and goung my gall bladder was full of stones

2 weeks later it was gone and ive been fine in that regards ever since