Calories in Chardonnay?

Options
SRH7
SRH7 Posts: 2,037 Member
Hmmmmm.... confused. Have got a bottle of wine (Yellowtail Chardonnay) open in the fridge from the weekend and thought I would have a glass with dinner later but can't suss out the calories. The Yellowtail website (and entries in the MFP database) suggest there are only 456 in a bottle but all other data online suggests chardonnay is usually 570 calories in a bottle. Hmmmmm... that's some discrepancy. Any ideas?

Replies

• jlogan0324
    Options
    I looked at the Livestrong website and this is what I came up with. According to Yellow Tail's official website, a 150 ml glass of their Australian wines ranges between 112 and 127 calories, with the white wines between 112 and 119 and the reds between 120 and 127. Hope this helps.:drinker:

Read more: http://www.livestrong.com/article/304981-calories-in-yellowtail-wine/#ixzz2IogeBx6j
  • SRH7
    Options
    Thanks. I had a look at the Yellowtail website too, which matches the figures on MFP but it does seem strange that it seems to have far fewer calories than other white wine of a similar percentage.

Am I worrying too much about this?!! Should I just have my wine and enjoy it? ;)
  • SoViLicious
    SoViLicious Posts: 2,633 Member
    Options
    None, it is the elixir of the GODS!
  • KAA1982
    KAA1982 Posts: 90 Member
    Options
    If I know I'm going to have wine, I just make sure I save some extra calories to truly enjoy it without the guilt.
  • tbelivea
    tbelivea Posts: 94 Member
    Options
    Most of the wines listed here are around 25 cals per oz. So a 4oz glass would be around 100 cals, a 6oz would be around 150. If you want to get picky like me, I measure my wine out in a measuring glass first so I know how many oz I've had ;)
  • kimpossible471
    kimpossible471 Posts: 268 Member
    Options
    You are over-thinking it my dear.

If you have 2 glasses of wine you're looking at a MAYBE 50 calorie descrepancy from best case to worst case scenario. 50 calories isn't going to make or break this for you. Neither would 100. A couple hundred, every day from your goal might slow you down.

Moral of the story - drink the wine, and enjoy it minus any worry. If it wasn't before noon here, I'd have a glass in a show of support. :)
  • kimpossible471
    kimpossible471 Posts: 268 Member
    Options
    None, it is the elixir of the GODS!

AGREED!!!
  • KANGOOJUMPS
    KANGOOJUMPS Posts: 6,472 Member
    Options
    love me a good WINE.,,, if YOUR A WINO PLEASE ADD ME!
  • FredDoyle
    FredDoyle Posts: 2,273 Member
    Options
    Most of the wines listed here are around 25 cals per oz. So a 4oz glass would be around 100 cals, a 6oz would be around 150. If you want to get picky like me, I measure my wine out in a measuring glass first so I know how many oz I've had ;)
    No need to measure. It says 750 ml right on the bottle. :wink:
  • SRH7
    Options
    Ha ha! I went for a run this afternoon so I guess I'm allowed it?

And it is, technically, made of fruit...
  • MummyMikaela
    MummyMikaela Posts: 130 Member
    Options
    Drink the wine! Xx
  • bcattoes
    bcattoes Posts: 17,299 Member
    Options
    Yeah, I gave up trying to determine exact wine calories a long time ago. For most wines, 550 a bottle is a pretty good guesstimate. It will vary some, but unless you are drinking a very sweet wine, not enough to make much difference unless you drink 2-3 bottles. And if you drink 2-3 bottles at once, you are probably not too worried about calories that day.

I now have generic pino noir and pino grigio in my most used list. All reds get logged as noir and all whites as grigio.