Hungry at maintenance

Options
Hello MFP, this be my first post on this site even true i have been lurking on the forums for some time now.
The reason i made an account is because i have really hard time staying at maintenance after i have been on a diet for 17 weeks and lost 14 kg(31 lbs). I am hungry all the time,even 5 minutes after a 800-900 cals meal, i'm hungry like i haven't ate at all.It is extremely frustrating considering the fact that now i am eating 1000 cals more than when i was on a diet and doing 3 times less cardio ,but still i am much more hungry than before.I have no idea what to do.
Any advice would be appreciated.

Here are my stats:
Weight-60.5 kg (133 lbs)
Height-168cm (5.5 feet)
Body Fat-9-11%
BMR-1550 cals
Caloric needs- 2200-2300cals (workout day) / 1850-1900cals (recovery day)
6 workouts per week

Replies

• bostonwolf
    bostonwolf Posts: 3,038 Member
    Options
    What is your dietary breakdown (% carbs/protein/fat?)

Not knowing that I'd say reduce carbs, especially grains and sugars, and increase protein and fat to compensate. Protein and fat fill you up much more than carbs do.

I had two eggs, two egg whites, and 100 calories of guacamole for breakfast today. Also drank a large coffee, black, with cinnamon added.

Slightly over 300 calories and three and a half hours later I still am not hungry. And I am 6'3 and weight about 290lbs.
  • chuckles9189
    chuckles9189 Posts: 343 Member
    Options
    How much water do you drink? I suggest to drink more water.

Your body will sometimes tell you it's hungry when really it's dehydrated. Make sure you're drinking at least 2 liters to stay properly hydrated and more on your workout days.
  • IvanDimitrov
    Options
    I feel stupid.
    How the hell didn't noticed this:
    13% fat
    24% protein
    63% carbs !! :sick:
    I don't eat sugar but will definitely reduce carbs and fruits and add more fat.
    THANK YOU !
  • bluechip777
    bluechip777 Posts: 160 Member
    Options
    hey wait a sec! what about your protein??