NSV and then some SV's

I had to go on an overnight trip this past weekend to help my family with a toy show. I was really scared! Eating fast food for two days without being able to log..... Ugh. My husband, suportive as he is, loves to eat at places like Panda Express (fast food chinese) and McDonalds. (He can eat anything he wants and still lose 5lbs, really, he lost 3lbs after eating Mudcake!!!) I made up my mind that I would enjoy our trip and eat with him at anywhere he wanted to eat without complaining that it would hurt my diet. I also wanted to prove to myself that I could eat anywhere without going overboard.

First night, Panda Express ( :( ahaaaa waaa). Fine, no lo mein or fried rice, veggies instead. Spicy Chicken and :O Candy Walnut Shrimp. I love that shrimp!!!
Next morning, McDonalds. Haha! Oatmeal and a hashbrown.
Lunch, all toy dealers get pizza and soda. Fine, I will have my pizza and I will enjoy it! I've been standing up all day anyway.
Dinner, Golden Coral. (Really! A buffet?!! If I didn't love my husband, I may kill him) Lean Steak, collard greens, carrots and a giant freaking salad with everything except dressing and half of a pecan chocolate tart.

We get home and I've been avoiding the scale. Finally this morning, I made the above list of what I ate. What did I have to be mad about? I did fine all things considering. If I gained weight, so what! I will just work harder this week and forget about it.
I got on the scale. Looked at the number and cried. I LOST 5.5 lbs!!!!! I am finally in the 230's!!!!!! ( I never got under 240lbs since I started trying to lose weight).

Woooohooo! Successful toy show, fun weekend with my husband, and great weight loss!!!!

Replies

• chunkiedunker
    chunkiedunker Posts: 144 Member
    i too have lost weight after having a binge weekend.i know plan them lol. i think that our bodies need to be shocked once in a while. thats kind of how the spike diet works. one day a week y ou eat ALOT. the rest you eat little. i dont see the point in a weekly one, but when my scale starts to slow down i know its time for a couple day binge to spike the old metabolism.
  • rahlpn
    rahlpn Posts: 551 Member
    Good for you! I however do not see the same type of results from crappy eating :( This past weekend I was at a playoff party where I had half a garden salad with red wine vinegar and oil, 2 homemade buffalo wings, a piece of pizza hut pizza with almost no cheese on it, about 15 large steamed shrimp, some BBQ chips (a couple handfuls) and a small piece of peanut/chocolate bark (and no alcohol/beer, only 3 bottled waters). I ate really well earlier that day and only tallied up to about 1550 calories for the day, then when I got home I played Just Dance for about 35 minutes. I gained a pound, ugh!!!
Do you Love MyFitnessPal? Have you crushed a goal or improved your life through better nutrition using MyFitnessPal?
Share your success and inspire others. Leave us a review on Apple Or Google Play stores!