Not even one week yet

Options
I started MFP last Friday. I love it. I have only lost 3 lbs but feel encouraged. My challenge is keeping it fresh so it won't seem like a daily routine of yuk! Would love anyone to share with me how you manage that. Today I am choosing a different exercise.

Also, would like to eat a dessert but afraid to -- need some "sweet" ideas that won't wreck my motivation.

My other challenge is that I LOVE to cook for my family. I haven't done that since I started for fear I will eat too much (it seems easier to control the calories when cooking for one). I have to cook and entertain to feel happy -- how is it done while staying true to your diet. Help is welcome here! :smile:

Replies

• Brallen1969
    Options
    3 pounds is an amazing week!!!
  • jdyer90
    jdyer90 Posts: 15 Member
    Options
    Dessert idea, if i'm really craving something, I bought a package of Chobani "champions tubes" and i'll throw them in the freezer, has 1g of fat, 70 cals, 8 sugars and 5g of protein. Other then frozen strawberries in ice water it does the trick for me! My sister likes other types of yogurt that are still greek with protein to last for the rest of the night but I find that most have higher sugars. Hope that helps with your dessert dept.!
  • JennNewStart
    Options
    I been working out for 7 days eating healthy for six and drinking about 9cups of water a day and lost 6 lbs in a week my friend is a fitness instructor and told me it was mostly just water weight and only 1 lbs of actual fat loss. But that's great your body is cleansing and your body is working :).
    Keep at it is a great motivation when you start loosing weight. I recommend agave nectar for sweet recipes instead of using artificial sweeteners and lots of fruits like smoothies also if you like oat meal you can add it to the smoothies "cooked" for that extra creamy taste.
  • elisa123gal
    elisa123gal Posts: 4,306 Member
    Options
    Three pounds is a success and you should be happy. :flowerforyou: so get happy.
  • tamerkins2
    Options
    Check out skinnytaste.com! It has AMAZING recipes!! I use so many from there. They are healthy and delicious. Plus she lists the nutrtional info for you! My husband and young kids also enjoy a lot of the dinners I make from there - most don't even taste "healthy". Check it out. And congrats on your loss so far!
  • LoraF83
    LoraF83 Posts: 15,694 Member
    Options
    Realize that you need to tailor this to fit your life.....because it is your life. There's no going back right?

If you love to cook and entertain, spend an afternoon entering some of your favorite recipes here. Then, you know exactly how much you can eat.

Another thing that helps me is to remember that there will always be more food. You can cook, you can drive, you have some money, some free time - you can get any food you want, any time you want it. So, you don't have to eat it ALL right now. It helps me to remember that when I'm thinking of having more than fits my calorie goal/macros.

Make this work for you!
  • bewitchedgem
    bewitchedgem Posts: 2 Member
    Options
    I cook for my children (we're all generally vegan, with some vegetarian meals thrown in), but my husband cooks for himself (carnivore). What I do, is make a big batch of soup, or whatever dish, then input it into the recipe section to decide what it would be per serving.

I generally make vegan desserts, or I just eat a ton of fruit. Celery or apple slices, with some PB are my favorite snack.
  • Ecox0313
    Ecox0313 Posts: 11 Member
    Options
    Way to go! 3 lbs is amazing! You should feel proud. I've just started being strict with MFP but am completely excited about it.
    I find myself craving sweets after pretty much every meal. Fruits are great! I usually eat a small cup of mixed fresh fruit and it always does the trick. If you are wanting something more on the chocolate side I have been keeping a box of Blue Bunny Sweet Freedom ice cream bars in the freezer. They are yummy and only 110 calories.
  • MarthaE59
    MarthaE59 Posts: 9 Member
    Options
    I have found if I completely deny myself of all things I love to do and eat it won't be much fun. We must find a way to include the things we love in moderation and for a lifetime. For me, I don't want to miss out on celebrations and being raised in the South that includes food! I normally eat close to the same thing for breakfast and lunch and save the majority of calories for my dinner meal. Usually, I end the dinner meal with a Skinney Cow Ice Cream or sugar free hot chocolate, and, on occasion a sugar free something (like pie). I celebrated my cousin's birthday last weekend with cake and black walnut ice cream. After doing this for a while now, I can honestly say, it wasn't hard to get back to business the next day. That, to me, is a real accomplishment. Just be sure to log everything and you will soon come to a balance of good things and can still enjoy cooking for your family. You are doing fantastic. Just stay hanging in because nothing feels as good as success. I am learning that one!
  • SuzieA1991
    SuzieA1991 Posts: 46 Member
    Options
    Never deprive yourself! I always treat myself to something sweet once a day (or if I can go without it ill skip a day) You don't ever want to just quit with the sweets cold turkey or you're going to binge. I always get healthier substitutes like frozen yogurt instead of regular ice cream. Or if you want the real sweets just make sure you save up some calories for the end of the day and portion it out. I used to have to cook for my husband when we were together. I would just put the recipes in the recipe thing on here and see how many calories a portion would be. If its too much then try to make it healthier. If you are making hamburgers and french fries for your family, just make yourself a turkey burger and some sweet potato fries.
  • Wardcmason
    Wardcmason Posts: 4 Member
    Options
    Tyr a small serving of Rosen yogurt or a high fiber fruit that you find sweet or even mix them together .