Can you eat anything you want?

Options
has anyone had any success with the nowloss diet? they claim you can eat whatever you like and still lose weight. I would really like to try this but common sense tells me you can't lose weight eating cake and ice cream - LOL

Replies

• pastryari
    pastryari Posts: 8,646 Member
    Options
    I don't know what the "nowloss diet" is but yes, you can eat whatever you want as long as you maintain a calorie deficit and hit your macros.

Calorie deficit = weight loss.
  • mistresstomato
    mistresstomato Posts: 19 Member
    Options
    It's all about portion control and keeping your calories in check!
    You can eat anything in moderation
  • Crankstr
    Crankstr Posts: 3,958 Member
    Options
    never heard of it.

but i do eat things i want within my calorie range, along with healthy foods
  • aelunyu
    aelunyu Posts: 486 Member
    Options
    don't confuse "whatever you want" with "however much you want". but yes..weight loss is not dependent on food choice. so that's technically true!
  • sunsnstatheart
    sunsnstatheart Posts: 2,544 Member
    Options
    I don't know what the "nowloss diet" is but yes, you can eat whatever you want as long as you maintain a calorie deficit and hit your macros.

Calorie deficit = weight loss.

^^ This. And no, its not an eat as much of whatever you can shove in your mouth diet.
  • Chief_Rocka
    Chief_Rocka Posts: 4,710 Member
    Options
    Yes, but not with the frequency or quantity that I'd prefer.
  • chimp517
    chimp517 Posts: 185 Member
    Options
    My diet is anything I want as long as it fits my macros. I will say that my lifestyle has led me usually choosing healthier choices, like for example I rarely drink alcohol and never eat candy.
  • dsjohndrow
    dsjohndrow Posts: 1,820 Member
    Options
    Sure you can! And you can shoot heroin and take other drugs will no ill effects.
  • damonhughes353
    Options
    what do you mean "macros?"

They said the same thing. eat whatever I like as long as I stay within 1200 thru 2000 calories and myfitpal says 1800 but you're saying I could eat pizza or buger king all day and still lose weight eating 1800
  • lacurandera1
    lacurandera1 Posts: 8,083 Member
    Options
    but you're saying I could eat pizza or burger king all day and still lose weight eating 1800

Sure, you COULD. But your body fat percentage would probably go up and you might end up looking worse than you do now. Macros are macro nutrients. protein, fat, carbohydrates.
  • sunsnstatheart
    Options

They said the same thing. eat whatever I like as long as I stay within 1200 thru 2000 calories and myfitpal says 1800 but you're saying I could eat pizza or buger king all day and still lose weight eating 1800

Macros: protein, carbs and fats. The point is you don't want to be eating an all fat diet or all carb diet. Get sufficient protein, limit your fats to a reasonable degree, and eat the remainder in carbs. If you do that and stay under your calorie limits you will lose weight. That said, you will find that you are far more satisfied if you eat some pizza and ice cream, for example, but focus your eating on lean meats, vegetables and healthy fats, for example. That will also make sure you're getting the micronutrients you need.
  • damonhughes353
    Options
    okay, I think I get it. the nowlos plan says about the same thing you guys say but they do mention the only bad thng from eating whatever you want is that it will make you look worse and want to eat more which may cause "me" to go over 1800
  • pastryari
    Options

Macros = protein, carbs, & fats.

Yes, you can eat whatever you want as long as you have a calorie deficit. That being said, your stomach might rebel if you decide to eat nothing but pizza and burger king all day. You should attempt to eat nutritious food as well but don't feel guilty about eating junk if it fits into your goals for the day.

Basically, eat what you want as long as you hit all of the numbers MFP gives you at the bottom of your diary screen.
  • pastryari
    Options
    okay, I think I get it. the nowlos plan says about the same thing you guys say but they do mention the only bad thng from eating whatever you want is that it will make you look worse and want to eat more which may cause "me" to go over 1800

The only thing that would cause you to go over 1800 calories is if YOU put more food into your mouth. I don't understand the "make you look worse" comment. If you're referring to body composition once you've lost weight?
  • juliec33
    juliec33 Posts: 238 Member
    Options

Yes, as long as you are under your calorie limit........didn't some college professor lose weight eating nothing but twinkies? However, you won't feel very well if you only eat fast food and junk food....and you're probably going to be hungry a lot. They are very calorie dense so you wont' get much food eating 1800 calories at burger king or pizza hut.

Everything in moderation........
  • Chief_Rocka
    Chief_Rocka Posts: 4,710 Member
    Options

technically yes, but don't be silly
  • BeachGingerOnTheRocks
    BeachGingerOnTheRocks Posts: 3,927 Member
    Options

No. Nobody is saying that.

You can eat pizza and burger king. I eat pizza. If I'm eating a burger, it better be good and yummy, so not so much BK for me. Macros: protein, carb, fats. How much do you need of each of these? Trying to lose fat and retain muscle, up the lean protein. If you get a good amount of lean protein, and you have the calories left over to justify it, treat yourself with a slice of really good cheese pizza. If you wake up and have sweetened oatmeal, then a candy bar later, then maybe a bag of chips for lunch, you can have a ton of leftover calories, but you won't have the right amount of protein and good fats to justify eating more treat foods.

That's all it means. Just be reasonable. Get your nutrients in, get your protein amounts that fit your goals, keep your bad fats low and your good fats up, and then when you do this and you have 200 extra calories for whatever you want, eat your ice cream. It won't destroy your progress unless it is over your calories.
  • lacurandera1
    lacurandera1 Posts: 8,083 Member
    Options

The only thing that would cause you to go over 1800 calories is if YOU put more food into your mouth. I don't understand the "make you look worse" comment. If you're referring to body composition once you've lost weight?

I think they got that from me when i said SURE you could eat BK and pizza all day every day but your body fat % would probably go up.
  • oDapho
    oDapho Posts: 50
    Options
    technically yeah but I find that if I let myself eat junk I just keep eating it and it's hard to stop, which is what has been going on with me the past few days. it's better to eat cleaner for me, but eating whatever you want as long as it's within your calorie allowance might work for you.
  • sunsnstatheart
    Options
    It may help to read this for detail: http://www.myfitnesspal.com/topics/show/817188-iifym