Recomendations for Applebees??

Options
I just had an eye opening experience on looking up my favorite meal at Applebees! It totaled calories of 1855 for what i normally eat when i go to this restaurant. (Chicken fajita rollup with the mexi ranch sauce, the fries as a side with an order of honey mustard sauce to dip them in! The sandwich was 1040 on its own!)
Since i am trying to choose healthier options now, not to mention that would allow me nothing else to eat all day to stay even close to my daily calorie intakes i ask what others eat when they go to this restaurant? (yes i will get exercise in but i still dont want to eat over that much!)
Im leaning towards weight watchers creamy parmesean chicken
or napa chicken and portabellos.
Does anyone have any recommendations or critiques?
TIA!

Replies

• Ivarivdnoe
    Ivarivdnoe Posts: 51 Member
    Options
    I like the napa chicken, minus the potatoes and go for the steamed broccoli no butter! Pasta is high in carbs! Just m2c.....
  • cyberiarob
    cyberiarob Posts: 229 Member
    Options
    I saw on a commercial that they have an "Under-550" menu. Check this out...

http://www.applebees.com/menu/under-550-calories
  • esseymarie
    Options
    HELLO I THINK THAT THEY HAVE A FAT FREE MENU OR A MENU TO HELP WIITH WATCHING YOUR WEIGHT. IF YOU DONT SEE IT ON THE MENU JUST ASK THE SERVER IF THEY CAN SHOW IT TO YOU.:happy:
  • ilmb87
    ilmb87 Posts: 216 Member
    Options
    Applebees has both an under 550 and a WW menu, and both are fairly reasonable, calorie wise, while still delicious.
  • omma_to_3
    omma_to_3 Posts: 3,265 Member
    Options
    There are lots of things there. I frequently will get something and eat only half of it. Or order off the low cal menu.

Just stay away from their dessert shooters LOL. BIG surprise there for me on my birthday
  • 212ackley
    212ackley Posts: 431 Member
    Options
    Love, Love & Love their sizzlin shrimp & broccoli....spicy with some sweet & on the light menu!! My favorite..oh did I tell you I LOVE it!?! :p
  • ogrermc
    Options
    DWLZ has a list of restaurants and all their calories/carbs/fats.....this is great when you want to scope out the menu before going to the restaurant!
  • tooliebell
    tooliebell Posts: 177 Member
    Options
    I like the chicken with roma tomotoes and zucchini. You get a small (very small) side of roasted red potatoes. I could easily not eat those and ask for more zucchini. Also any of the under 550 meals with steak at applebees is usually pretty good, they do a nice steak.
  • links_slayer
    links_slayer Posts: 1,151 Member
    Options
    I dig the Fiesta Lime Chicken sans tortilla strips. I eat half while I'm there and take the other half home for later in the week.
  • roozielynne
    roozielynne Posts: 52 Member
    Options
    Thanks everyone for the advice!
    I've worked out and checked out the menu (along with the nutritional information) and have made my decision! Much better than the 1855 calories i originally planned to eat. Hoping i will discover a new favorite at this restaurant.
    Again THANK YOU for the help!!!!
  • sreed016
    sreed016 Posts: 97 Member
    Options
    I like the Napa Chicken - pretty sure its on the 550/under menu too!
  • Ready2Rock206
    Ready2Rock206 Posts: 9,488 Member
    Options
    The under 550 calorie menu is great - you really can't go wrong.

Roasted Garlic Sirloin - spicy - yummy - one of my favorites - comes w/a portobello mushroom w/spinach cream sauce that is pretty good

Signature Sirloin w/garlic herb shrimp - seriously - beef, shrimp and cheese - can't go wrong there

Napa chicken & Portobello - never had it but my kid did last night and said it was delicious (it really looked good too)

Zesty Roma Chicken & Shrimp - chicken + shrimp = yum - plus the potato veggie mix that comes with it is SOOOO good

Grilled Jalapeno Lime Shrimp from the WW menu - spicy shrimp w/rice - like this one too

So obviously I eat at Applebees too much but really w/the under 550 menu and the WW menu it is easy to make a decent choice.
  • ahamm002
    ahamm002 Posts: 1,690 Member
    Options
    Thanks everyone for the advice!
    I've worked out and checked out the menu (along with the nutritional information) and have made my decision! Much better than the 1855 calories i originally planned to eat. Hoping i will discover a new favorite at this restaurant.
    Again THANK YOU for the help!!!!

You could always try what I do when I go to cheesecake factory. Just basically fast most of the day (or eat very few calories) until you go there, and then indulge yourself out at the restaurant. The fasting doesn't really bother me if I know it's for a good cause . . . which is eating whatever I want at cheesecake factory.
  • mylilee
    Options
    I just had to ad my comments about the Applebee's 550 meals. I was there lastnight and ordered the Napa Chicken with the Portobello mushrooms. It was fantastic!!! It was only 450 calories! I almost got the parmasean shrimp, has anyone had that yet?