Do it with me, or get the heck out!!

Options
So, I started the 30 day Shred 3 days ago. I'm suffering for sure, but I'm sticking with it. The bigger problem is, last night my husband comes into the room and stands there eating a handful of chips (chomp, crunch, chomp) and WATCHES me do the video!! That pushed me right over the edge! I looked at him and said, "Either do this damn thing with me, or get the hell out of here!"
Am I sorry I lost my temper? Sort of. But, mostly not. He thinks he was being supportive by being in the room with me. On what planet is that supportive?
Sorry, I just need to complain. I've started this "diet" and excerise thing pretty much alone. It's really hard to stay focused when everyone around you is just doing and eating whatever they want. Every night I hear, "Let's go get a Blizzard." to which I respond, "None for me, thanks. You guys go ahead." I'm fine with that, but I'm drawing the line at someone eating snack food while watching me excerise!
Deep breath! Ahhh...now I feel better!

Replies

• FullOfWin
    FullOfWin Posts: 1,414 Member
    Options
    This isn't what I came into this thread hoping for
  • zaithyr
    zaithyr Posts: 482 Member
    Options
    I have that same problem sometimes with my husband! He doesn't mean to be unsupportive, he just doesn't think about it. I definitely can't do workout videos when he's around because I feel silly lol!
  • LizardQueen4PointOh
    LizardQueen4PointOh Posts: 245 Member
    Options
    OP - I totally feel ya. Hubby knows to go tinker in the garage or the bedroom until I finish. He may walk through to go to the kitchen, but he doesn't hang around. I will say he said he tried it out the other day and gave me props. :wink:
  • LoveTexas
    Options
    My parents are the same way.
    My mom is trying to lose weight and my dad goes out to eat everynight.

Bottom line- you need to have enough motivation and love for yourself to not give a damn what other people do.
    it should make you feel better about yourself. the fact that your the only one around taking care of your body.
    in the end..you will be looking and feeling great. Thats all that matters. Maybe once they see your results it will make them want to
    get into shape as well.

Hang in there and stay motivated.
  • buildingdreams
    buildingdreams Posts: 173 Member
    Options
    Hang in there. My hubby took picture of me while I was doing the 30 day shred!!! I quickly deleted them. Friend me if you want some support. I am currently on Level 2 day 4
  • lbesaw
    lbesaw Posts: 267 Member
    Options
    Remember you can only change yourself. It is very unfair to demand others to join you, though they certainly could be more sensitive to your need not to see them eating poorly. Remember your goals, and try not to get too crazy about the eating going on around you--it's going to happen all the time and you need to learn how to deal with it without a meltdown. Good luck and wishing you patience.
  • yowza101
    yowza101 Posts: 196 Member
    Options
    If my son is around while I'm exercising, he will say go mom go, or on a rare occasion I'm working out in the living room, he will do a few steps - Walking Away the Pounds. Lucky for me, my son have never been a big snacker. I do buy snacks on occasion but usually the single serving bags. If I do buy a big bag, it's something that the both of us will eat and I know my son will eat the bulk of it. So in a way, I am lucky in that arena. I am my own worst enemy in the snacking department. I know I will have them sometimes just not as much as I used to.

It's ok to get frustrated with things or people and post on here. You never know who you will actually helping with your comments. Just remember, this is your journey of weight loss and getting a healthy lifestyle - your family is just enjoying the ride. You have to be the strong one with your working out, etc. Maybe you need to have a talk with your husband to see what his meaning of being supportive in this journey is. Maybe he thinks he is supporting you while just being in the room. Your family is not going to stop eating snacks, etc...because you are on this journey. Unless this is a family healthier journey that all of you are doing together, you will always have this battle. Though I do believe they can be more supportive on your journey.

Good luck.
  • SteveJWatson
    SteveJWatson Posts: 1,225 Member
    Options

:bigsmile:
  • Trechechus
    Trechechus Posts: 2,819 Member
    Options

Me neither, but I know how you feel. When I do videos, I lock everyone else out of the room. When I'm at the gym, everyone is workout out, so it doesn't matter.
  • KittieLea
    KittieLea Posts: 1,156 Member
    Options
    That's why I can't workout at home.
  • lisakayadams
    lisakayadams Posts: 9 Member
    Options
    Help yourself by forgetting to buy the chips next time you are at the grocery store. (I am a little passive aggressive) :laugh:
  • AckieJ
    AckieJ Posts: 199 Member
    Options
    Happens to me too... I tell them to all be quiet and/or get out! But the eating thing won't happen theres no bad food in my house. If i'm eating healthy so is everyone else. Mwahaha
  • LoveTexas
    Options

Who cares. No one types a post to meet someones needs. Obviously it did something for you if you had to leave a comment. :noway: just sayin
  • bookworm_847
    bookworm_847 Posts: 1,903 Member
    Options
    I'm the same way, actually. My husband has realized that I get a better workout without an audience, so he'll just go into another room while I'm working out. When I'm done, he'll show his support by telling me how proud he is of me for staying with it. Maybe your hubby will find another way to show his support... especially without chomping on chips!

Good luck!
  • breajohnson
    breajohnson Posts: 109 Member
    Options
    that is exactly why i do the 30 day shred in the morning because my hubby has already left for work. lol:smile:
  • KANGOOJUMPS
    KANGOOJUMPS Posts: 6,472 Member
    Options
    I LIKE YOU!
  • footiechick82
    footiechick82 Posts: 1,203 Member
    Options
    I would have done the SAME THING!!! However, I would have probably thrown the chips out the door too :/

You go girl! Keep up the good work :D
  • Car0lynnM
    Car0lynnM Posts: 332 Member
    Options
    I shut my hubby in his office when I'm working out. If he does stop to watch, he only does it for a minute or two, and doesn't usually say anything. I think he's too afraid of being in the way of a cross punch or kick. :laugh:
  • UnoDrea3732
    UnoDrea3732 Posts: 342 Member
    Options
    I hear ya! My Husband thinks he is supportive but is the first to dig an effin fast food coupon out of the trash if my fatty self says "I'm craving something bad". Sometimes I need some effing motivation dammit! He claims he just wants to see me "happy". UGH!
  • UsaJewels05
    UsaJewels05 Posts: 229 Member
    Options
    I exercise better when my husband is not in the room as well. He did try the 30 DS with me once. He lasted 6 minutes and then gave up! It help motivate me though to see I could finish something that he wouldn't!