Could somebody help me, please?

Options
Hi.

I need some serious direction about my next steps for weight loss. I'm in the last 5-10 lbs. I'm not kidding, I've been at a serious stall for the last 6 months.

Let me explain my food diary, calorie breakdown and exercise routine and please share your opinion on what I do wrong. I don't mind the criticism as long as you're trying to be helpful. If you think I need to up my cals then tell me where and how.

My weekdays are the same 5-6 Meals/Snacks. Breaks down to 32% Carbs, 37% fat, 31% protein.

M1: Oats, Natural PB, Almond Milk, Berries (375 Calories)
M2: Plain Greek Yogurt, Fruit, Nut Mix (250 Calories)
M3: Lettuce Salad w/ Broccoli/Bell Pepper/Cucumber/Green Onion, 3 oz Chicken, Balsamic (150 Calories)
M4: 2 Salt Free Rice Cakes, 2 Chicken Meatballs (Ground Chicken, Dijon, Worch, Spices) (260 Calories)
M5: Lean Meat, Side of Veggies, Occassional Quionoa side (2x per week) (250-500 Calories)
(1250 - 1500 calories)

Workout Routine M-F(Usually PM) (usually burn between 400-550 calories)
Piloxing 1-2x per week
40 Minute Run w/ Ab Routine 2-3x week

Weekends are similar for eating, but I'll usually eat from 1,700-1,800 cals. Clean, but I typically up my calorie intake because I am training for a half marathon and do my long runs on Sundays and lift weights on Saturdays. (Usually burn 800 or more)

Ocassionally, I will allow a cheat meal either at local mexican rest/pub. I still make somewhat decent choice for dinner for example my go to is fajitas, no tortilla, no sour cream, no cheese, (no fun). But I'll indulge in a couple margaritas (TONS OF SUGAR/CALS). Or I'll enjoy splitting a soup with my boyfriend and eating a salad, but I'll indulge in 2 beers or 2 glasses of wine.

I thought and accepted for the longest time because I wasn't committing 100% only 90% and because I allowed myself a cheat meal every once in a while, my body was retaining the water, I'd see the bloat for a few days and then I would be back to my normal weight eventually and see the scale drop. Not the case. I've maintained. No change.

Please add me as a friend, coach, motivator anything. If I need to up cals I need to know where to do it (protein/fat/carbs) and how to go about doing it (more lean meat/less meat/less healthy fat) etc. I already eat my weight in grams of protein every day. And between 115-140 in carb g.

Thanks.

Replies

• Emtabo01
    Emtabo01 Posts: 672
    Options
    I've been trying to lose the last 5 pounds for 4 months. Instead of continuing to do the same thing and getting no results and being frustrated, I finally said forget it, and now eat at a 10% cut, started focusing on weight lifting and ditched the cardio (though I do a little HIIT 2x week still). I'm focusing on body recomp instead of what that ***** of a scale says. Screw her. Good luck, when everyone says the last few lbs are the hardest to lose - its true!!
  • nowakkk
    nowakkk Posts: 38 Member
    Options
    It's so true! I was scared of weights for longest time and now Saturdays when I lift it's my favorite day. True about the body comp and focusing more on that then the number. If my jean size would change versus the scale... we'd be all good, but eff that won't even budge. How many days per week do you weight lift?
  • AngIeGinger
    AngIeGinger Posts: 1 Member
    Options
    Maybe change your workout routine?
    Your body may have plateaued.
    Bike, swim, kickboxing, P90X?

Chris Powell has a high carb / low carb alternating days routine that might work.

I'm just thinking your body is used to what you are doing
    and it might need a change to get it to start burning again.

I'm by far not as fit as you but it's just a suggestion.
  • Emtabo01
    Emtabo01 Posts: 672
    Options
    I do NROL4W which is 3 days a week of lifting.