oatmeal!! YUCK!!!!!

Does anyone have any alternatives for oatmeal in the morning?? All I hear and have ever heard is how wonderful oatmeal is for you and the satiety you receive from it. I have bought and then thrown away soooo many boxes I cant count. I want to eat it I just cant get past the texture in my mouth or the visual of it. Im sorry, please forgive me to the oatmeal lovers but its like trying to down a bowl of vomit.
Just this morning after laying low from it for about 6 months, i tried I really tried to eat it but again- vomit!! Does anybody else have such a revolsion of oatmeal?

Replies

• akaMrsmojo
    akaMrsmojo Posts: 762 Member
    Grits. :-)
  • JDAlder
    JDAlder Posts: 153 Member
    Oatmeal's younger more handsome brother... Cream of Wheat :D
  • gitanagirl
    gitanagirl Posts: 207 Member
    I was JUST gonna say cream of wheat... but somebody jumped the Guns :/
  • I didn't use to like oatmeal either but everyone in my family loves it! My mom cooks it at night leaves it in the fridge and the next morning uses it in smoothies. With 1/3of a cup of cooked oatmeal and a banana or papaya smoothie is delicious and keeps me full.
  • VTLois
    VTLois Posts: 49
    I love oatmeal and really didn't want the visual of vomit next time I eat it.
  • porky44
    porky44 Posts: 34
    Oh... that might be a good idea. Will try that. Thanks!
  • porky44
    porky44 Posts: 34
    LOL.... Im sorry!!! I apologized for saying it!!! I WISH I loved it!!!:happy:
  • Ay_Rene
    Ay_Rene Posts: 32 Member
    if you do blended shakes or smoothies, you can put a spoonful (or half a bag if you get the individually packaged) of original oatmeal or even flavored if you want a little sweetness going on... and blend it all up. It might sound gross but i can barely tell its in the shake when i do it!
  • dixielawgirl
    dixielawgirl Posts: 437 Member
    I love oatmeal, but I also put it in protein shakes & pancakes.

Really good pancakes--3 egg whites, 1/4 oats, 1/3 cup cottage cheese. Blend up, cook in pan. LOVE. I tend to sneak in some pb2 & mini chocolate chips as well.
  • eileenchristine
    eileenchristine Posts: 228 Member
    I love oatmeal, the steel cut type, but I usually eat my oatmeal at night cuz its a comfort food for me and really fills me up.

Eat eggs and veggies for breakfast, too lazy to do the veggies and I use a high fiber, low carb tortilla. The eggs stay with me a long time, keeping me full. Someday I might try oatmeal in am!
  • bcattoes
    bcattoes Posts: 17,299 Member
    Does anybody else have such a revolsion of oatmeal?

Yes, I do. I don't eat it. There are plenty of other healthy options out there, including other ways to get oats. You could get oat bread and make toast with peanut butter or egg. Or soak the oat bread in scambled egg and make French toast. You could mix dry oats into a smoothie, or mix dry with peanut butter and a little maple syrup. There are plenty of oat cereals available, just choose one that is lower in sugar. You could toast it and make a granola, or buy low sugar granola.

Or just eat something other than oats for breakfast.
  • Yes, I didn't like oat meal as a kid, nor as an adult. I will however eat grits. It cooked like oatmeal, add a little salt and butter and delicious...try it...Quakers sells it...