how long till you lost your first 20 pounds?

Options

Replies

• HappilyLifts
    HappilyLifts Posts: 429 Member
    Options
    Took me a good year, but half of that year I was building up from very unfit to reasonable fitness (without counting calories and just trying to make better choices) and looking for my calorie intake sweet spot. Regular loses of a pound a week kicked in half way through the year. I'm fine with losing slow, as long as my tape measure tells me I'm shrinking :)
  • flarge
    flarge Posts: 47 Member
    Options
    I'm in the same situation as you and it is very hard not to get frustrated when the numbers on the scale aren't moving fast enough.
    I took photos of myself right when I started my regimen and then again earlier this week. I was SO encouraged by the progress I was able to see in my body!! I highly encourage you to take photos of yourself periodically for visual documentation of your progress. I guarantee you have lost inches and are looking more sculpted already! Keep it up-you're doing great!
  • unnur16
    unnur16 Posts: 140 Member
    Options
    8 weeks.
  • Hannaaah1990
    Options
    I've lost 17 pounds and it's taken me since the start of november :)
  • Yanidoll66
    Options
    Im in my 3rd week and i lost around 6 pounds hopefully i keep it up and loose the 40 im aiming for...
    I started the 7th of this month weighting 174 now im 168 :)
  • losingweightfindingme
    Options
    I've lost 30 pounds total so far...but that took me about 2 years to do. I also did all but 6 pounds of that before I discovered mfp so lots of it was with yo-yo dieting. I'd say that you're making perfect progress. I tend to get frustrated not seeing a change in the scale more quickly by SO strictly sticking to the plan, but then I have to remind myself that I've lost 30 pounds so far and I look SO much better than I started. I've built muscle and I'm finally getting a waist for the first time since high school. I remind myself that I've lost a bag and a half of dog food that I'm not dragging around.

Hang in there and be proud of every ounce you lose! Also do measurements and see what kind of body change you can quantify that way maybe.
  • Capt_Apollo
    Capt_Apollo Posts: 9,026 Member
    Options
    i am in my 3rd week of working out and i am only down 7 pounds i was wondering how long it took most of you to lose your first 20 pounds?

do you watch The Biggest Loser? that show is horrible for any one interested in losing weight. these huge, morbidly obese people have so much to lose and lose a lot in the beginning. but if i recall in later episodes, their losses are only a couple of pounds a week tops.

being down seven pounds in three weeks is amazing. that is over two pounds a week. keep up the good work.
  • millyvanilli321
    millyvanilli321 Posts: 236 Member
    Options
    It has taken me nearly 6 months to lost 22 lbs, so I'm definitely the turtle in this race! I will get there though, and so will you. Like others have said at least your skin will keep up if you lose slowly.

good luck :)
  • shandi_b
    shandi_b Posts: 153 Member
    Options
    I've lost 19 pounds so far and it's taken a little over 3 months. I'm happy with my progress. This time around I'm aiming for a slower loss so that any thing I do is a lifestyle change - I don't want to yo yo anymore!
  • P05T5CRIPT
    P05T5CRIPT Posts: 285 Member
    Options
    Around 6 weeks, the first 4 months the weight dropped pretty fast, then it slowed down to 1-2lb per week and I average around 6-7lbs per month. Just hang in there, everyone loses at a different rate :drinker:
  • carfamily08
    Options
    Almost 2 months. Started at 170 in early September, hit 150 on November 26th.
  • ferrytrip
    ferrytrip Posts: 497 Member
    Options
    For me it was 4 to 5 months
  • macaya5
    macaya5 Posts: 75
    Options
    Took me 4 months. Its going slow but its going. One day at a time. Wish it would go faster but at least I don't have to worry about loose skin issues. It takes what it takes and I already feel so much better, can't imagine how much better I will feel in another 20 lbs gone!

I've been on here for about 4 months and I've lost 18. I have a lot to lose but it took me awhile to gain it all, so I'm ok with slow and steady weight loss.
  • wwmorrow
    wwmorrow Posts: 118 Member
    Options
    It has taken me a little over 3 months to lose 23 pounds. I don't lose that fast, but it adds up, so just keep going. Before you know it, you'll have lost 20 pounds. You're doing great!
  • HotMummyMission
    HotMummyMission Posts: 1,723 Member
    Options
    Not long...6 weeKs..
  • hendinerik
    hendinerik Posts: 287 Member
    Options
    Took me about 3 or 4 months, but my total initial goal was 25 pounds. Sustainability is the key - the question is can you keep things going for a year and beyond? Speed of loss is seductive, but long term physical/mental/emotional health is where it's at IMO.
  • bounty11
    bounty11 Posts: 2 Member
    Options
    I've lost 16lbs in 3 weeks.x only another 2 n a half to go stone to go then I've lost my baby weight.x well done on ur 7lb loss.x
  • Bonnieelizabeth
    Bonnieelizabeth Posts: 68 Member
    Options
    A lot of it depends on how much you have lose. Your activity level, how much you are eating. As well as how your metabolism is working. 7 pounds in 3 weeks is GREAT you don't want to loose it too fast because we tend to put i back on real easy. Hope this helps!
  • pmar6757
    Options
    I started MFP the first week of November and I just hit 21lbs lost. That includes the holidays and I am ok with it. Don't get freaked out by all the Success Story posts that say stuff lke "I lost 60 pounds in 3 months!!" Everyone is different and you can only do the best you can each day!!
  • pmar6757
    Options
    That is the best answer, by far!! Sustainability is key!!
Do you Love MyFitnessPal? Have you crushed a goal or improved your life through better nutrition using MyFitnessPal?
Share your success and inspire others. Leave us a review on Apple Or Google Play stores!