Ideas for lean ground sirloin?

Options
While shopping to eat healthier, we bought a bunch of lean ground sirloin but I'm not sure of how to cook it. We have made little patties to eat, and of course hamburgers, but I would like something different.

Any suggestions?

There is a meal I ate once at a friend's house that was meatballs with a tomato type sauce served with rice. It was delicious! Not sure what it was called though..

Oh and the simpler, the BETTER!

Replies

• debnu1
    debnu1 Posts: 1,568 Member
    Options
    I make a yummy spaghetti, just cook the meat and break it up into small pieces, add some tomato sauce with garlic and oregano (hunts is the brand I use) and a little more italian spice on top. Serve over whole wheat pasta with a little parmesan on top. Yum!
  • KatWood
    KatWood Posts: 1,135 Member
    Options
    Tacos! Simple, tasty, healthy and fun to eat!
  • pressica
    pressica Posts: 361
    Options
    While shopping to eat healthier, we bought a bunch of lean ground sirloin but I'm not sure of how to cook it. We have made little patties to eat, and of course hamburgers, but I would like something different.

Any suggestions?

There is a meal I ate once at a friend's house that was meatballs with a tomato type sauce served with rice. It was delicious! Not sure what it was called though..

Oh and the simpler, the BETTER!

My mom used to make those all of the time. We called them porcupine meatballs. Here is a website for one recipe. I am sure there are plenty of recipes on the internet. I just found you an example. My mom used to make them in the pressure cooker to speed things up.

http://www.tasteofhome.com/recipes/Porcupine-Meatballs
  • lilchino4af
    lilchino4af Posts: 1,292 Member
    Options
    Meatloaf - see the forums for some recipes. I'd find them for you but internet is really slow right now :(
  • chrissayyy
    Options
    Thanks for the ideas guys! Can't wait to try these out. Definetely gonna look into the porcupine meatballs!
  • cds2327
    cds2327 Posts: 439
    Options
    meatloaf, tacos, spaghetti, hamburger helper, hamburger pie (ww has a good recipe, but i can't find it right now...i'm sure you could google it)