Frowny-Faced after 2012 weight gain - NEED HELP

Options
After reviewing my weight-loss "progress" for the year 2012, my heart literally sank into my stomach and my face melted into a crinkled frown of disappointment. Really? Yes, REALLY! I went from 'almost out of the 200s' at the beginning of 2012 to a crazy up/down/UP rocket to 237 lbs by year-end. 2013 is off to a promising start with a loss of 7 lbs, but now I am truly discouraged. I have set mini-goals and hope to reach my ultimate goal of losing 100 pounds, but that seems so incredibly far away and out of reach. I feel defeated, and my internal motivation meter is at zero. I've been over200 for the past 7 years and I MUST escape this slump. I was close last yr and THIS YEAR I think with a little help I can do it! Today, I really don't know how to turn my frown into a smile, but to start I guess I have to look forward and not backward :-/ ~loizlane

CW: 230.2
mini-goal: 215
GW: 137
Today's Mood: aaargh! :grumble:

Replies

• alipene
    alipene Posts: 945 Member
    Options
    You said it - you need to forget last year and look forward. But before you do, make sure you analyse how you came to get back into the wrong habits, because that's got to change if you're going to reach your goals this year. Think positive and best of luck :smile:
  • MrsG2
    MrsG2 Posts: 56 Member
    Options
    You can't change the past...so let's move forward...I'll help! 100 is a big, scary number, so you're right that mini-goals are the way to go! I'm trying to set goals that mean something. My first one is to get back to the weight I was when I got married (6 years ago). That's a 25 lb loss, but I'm getting there. When I get there, my husband is taking me out to celebrate. I haven't decided what my next goal will be, but it'll be related to a weight I was when something really wonderful happened. Oooohh....maybe my second goal will be to reach the weight I was when I got divorced (17 years ago). I was about 190. My ex always told me that I was fat, so "releasing" him was an awesome time in my life! Positive goals! We all slip and we all make bad choices, but let's keep moving forward!!