Another Newbie..

Options
Hi to all,

I've been using this site regularly since a friend recommended it to me. I've found that using this site, along with regular exercise, has really helped me. I've lost 7 pounds in the past 7 weeks. Oddly enough, using this site is helping me to eat more. I think the natural tendency is to eat less, so we lose weight faster. However, not eating enough can be very bad health wise. This site helps me not only eat enough, but to also make wiser food choices. I'm a diabetic, so I have to strictly limit my intake of carbs. Sometimes I'm challenged to eat enough calories for one day without eating too many carbs. Occasionally, I'll add a food to the diary before I actually eat it, just to see how it affects my daily numbers. Doing so has (unfortunately) shown me that there is no way I can have a small Shamrock Shake because 72 grams of carbs are just too much for me at once. Also, to burn the calories off, I'd have to run 5 miles.. oh well.. I can either live without it, or just have a few sips of someone elses...

I'm glad my friend told me about this site 'cuz I think it's awesome! Good luck to you all.

Replies

• drvvork
    drvvork Posts: 1,162
    Options
    Hello!! :flowerforyou: I try to plan out my next day so I can figure out what I can have or not - sometimes it is something I'm really hungry for so I will put it in on the following day and plan around it. It is an art-form to get nutrition balance and calories. :bigsmile: Well, good luck to you on your journey!!:flowerforyou:
  • stringsNlinks
    stringsNlinks Posts: 293 Member
    Options
    I totally agree, I more often than not figure out my meals before consuming them. Especially if we are going out. My family makes fun of me but oh well, I feel better going in that way and it really keeps me on track.

this site is great - plus it's fun so it keeps me motivated. Hoping for the best for you in your journey!
  • stringsNlinks
    stringsNlinks Posts: 293 Member
    Options
    Hey Betty,
    Just noticed...we both have 22 lbs to go to our goal! Race ya - hahaha