When did you feel it get easier?

Options
Note the easier, not easy, as I'm sure like me (or at least hope!) in a typical week, temptations and treats and craves pop up occasionally and you just have to pass it. So when did you feel it get easier in your weight loss journey? Was it at a particular date/weight loss? Just curious!

Replies

• Emtabo01
    Emtabo01 Posts: 672
    Options
    For me, when I embraced the fact that it's a lifestyle change vs a diet. Like for real embraced.
  • BarackMeLikeAHurricane
    BarackMeLikeAHurricane Posts: 3,400 Member
    Options
    When I settled into a solid routine. I eat around the same time every day and I only eat maybe 10 different foods/recipes that I like and fit my macros and I go to the gym every day and cycle through a few different work outs.
  • Tanja_CHH
    Tanja_CHH Posts: 216 Member
    Options
    When I realised I'm not the type of person that can have a tiny bit of chocolate everyday, I eat the whole thing, then 10 more bars and then hate my self. I now know that I need to have no unhealthy food on a normal day basic or Ill never start loosing again, then if I have a day where I go out for a buffet and eat till I physically can't anymore (and I do, nevermind what) I wont feel as bad.
  • nellyett
    nellyett Posts: 436 Member
    Options
    When I learned about BMR and TDEE and figured out that I can eat a lot more and lose more consistantly than I had been doing. I also learned that it doesn't matter when I eat, or even what I eat, as long as I'm within my calorie and exercise goals consistently.

When I learned that eating certain foods gave me more energy and made me feel better overall, and I began to choose those foods not because I HAD to and they were on a GOOD list, but because I wanted to as they were steps towards the results I want.

When I learned that all of the foods that I love can still be enjoyed in moderation. Even daily! I don't need to feel deprived.

When I learned that I don't have to spend hours and hours doing boring cardio....I mix it up with heavy lifting, bootcamp, running, and try to make it fun.

When I learned that this can easily be sustainable as a lifestyle and not a temporary 'diet' until I reach my goal.

Check out the EM2WL boards on here (Eat More to Weigh Less) and you will find all kinds of really helpful information! :)
    1223345 Posts: 1,386 Member
    Options
    Note the easier, not easy, as I'm sure like me (or at least hope!) in a typical week, temptations and treats and craves pop up occasionally and you just have to pass it. So when did you feel it get easier in your weight loss journey? Was it at a particular date/weight loss? Just curious!

When I eliminated wheat and anything with wheat in it. I have had people snarl at me for saying that. But it's true. Then, and only then did I lose weight, and stop craving so much junk, and stop binging.
  • kcritter77
    kcritter77 Posts: 162 Member
    Options

When I eliminated wheat and anything with wheat in it. I have had people snarl at me for saying that. But it's true. Then, and only then did I lose weight, and stop craving so much junk, and stop binging.

Ditto on the Wheat/Gluten. I have NEVER felt so good in my life.
  • TR0berts
    TR0berts Posts: 7,739 Member
    Options
    When I learned that eating certain foods gave me more energy and made me feel better overall, and I began to choose those foods not because I HAD to and they were on a GOOD list, but because I wanted to as they were steps towards the results I want.

When I learned that all of the foods that I love can still be enjoyed in moderation. Even daily! I don't need to feel deprived.

Win.