Imma hit you with my gratitude stick

Options
So...January on MFP...that's some shizz amiright?

Listen, I can't list everyone because I am still quite new and learning names, but hopefully you'll know who you are as you read this.

I lurked, and searched, and heard what you had to say.

Within weeks I was armed with enough information to do this the right way because I deserve to. I know my TDEE-20%, my BMR, my BF%, at least a good start point for my macros and I know exactly what I want my body to be capable of, and why. When I have reached my goal I will be tremendous but because of what you have taught me I feel wonderful RIGHT NOW. I'm enjoying this, every day. I feel satisfied, powerful, peaceful...happy.

I am not trying to ingratiate myself. I just want to say with all sincerity, I heard you, and THANK YOU. You've saved me I don't even know how many months of suffering, self-doubt, and failure. Thank you, thank you, thank you.

And now, to counter any possible overstep in intensity, I give you hockeyduckface, because hockeyduckface.
1570r46.jpg

Replies

• ILiftHeavyAcrylics
    ILiftHeavyAcrylics Posts: 27,732 Member
    Options
    This is so much nicer than the onslaught of "everyone on MFP is mean" threads. :flowerforyou:
  • elaine_des
    elaine_des Posts: 189 Member
    Options
    I wish I would have found MPF and all the information 3 years ago when I started trying to be healthy. I would have save me from the suffering and starving mode that i have been in for the last years. Thanks MPF!
  • MSam1205
    MSam1205 Posts: 439 Member
    Options
    Agreed! One of the nicest post I've read in recent times. You're a sweetie!! :flowerforyou: and a hockey fan to boot!
  • kelfer80
    kelfer80 Posts: 78 Member
    Options
    It's SO refreshing to read such a positive post! I'm so glad you have found this wonderful tool and such great supportive friends! I agree with you that I'm in a great place RIGHT NOW bc of MFP. Keep up the awesome work!!
  • kelfer80
    kelfer80 Posts: 78 Member
    Options
    Oh, and I LOVE the hockeyduckface, because hockeyduckface!!! :laugh:
  • VelociMama
    VelociMama Posts: 3,119 Member
    Options
    Best thread ever.

You're going to be so successful with this attitude and knowledge! :smile:

The only bit of advice I'd add is that it's really consistency and patience that get you there. Take it day by day and meal by meal if you need to. Eventually, you'll be shocked at how far you've come :)
  • atamrowski
    atamrowski Posts: 417 Member
    Options
    hockeyduckface? Enlighten me
  • pastryari
    pastryari Posts: 8,646 Member
    Options
    Love this post! Good luck to you, OP! You're going to do fantastic! :flowerforyou:
  • MallorieGreiner
    MallorieGreiner Posts: 135 Member
    Options
    Please tell me that's a Dave Bolland jersey.
  • Alex_is_Hawks
    Alex_is_Hawks Posts: 3,499 Member
    Options
    Fantastic post!

You're gonna be just fine......
  • taunto
    taunto Posts: 6,420 Member
    Options
    This is so much nicer than the onslaught of "everyone on MFP is mean" threads. :flowerforyou:

BAM!

I just got hit by the truth!
  • Beastette
    Beastette Posts: 1,497 Member
    Options
    You're one of the good ones that make the forums worthwhile. Thank YOU.
  • KarenJanine
    KarenJanine Posts: 3,497 Member
    Options
    Great post, looks like you've learned all the important stuff already and are well on the right track :drinker:
  • BamaBreezeNSaltAire
    BamaBreezeNSaltAire Posts: 966 Member
    Options
    Best thread ever.

You're going to be so successful with this attitude and knowledge! :smile:

The only bit of advice I'd add is that it's really consistency and patience that get you there. Take it day by day and meal by meal if you need to. Eventually, you'll be shocked at how far you've come :)

Amen!!!:drinker: :bigsmile:
  • Yanicka1
    Yanicka1 Posts: 4,564 Member
    Options
    Wonderful
  • jackpotclown
    jackpotclown Posts: 3,291 Member
    Options
    yes and you definitely have the right shirt to go with the gratitude \m/
  • Pookylou
    Pookylou Posts: 988 Member
    Options
    Awww you so lovely
  • halejr23
    halejr23 Posts: 294
    Options
    OK, this post is confusing. I thought forum posts were supposed to be mean, rude and obnoxious??? What's with the upbeat, positive attitude??? ;-)
  • anifani4
    anifani4 Posts: 457 Member
    Options
    thanks for posting. You are starting out in exactly the right way. With your attitude and inner motivation you will succeed.
  • Controversial
    Controversial Posts: 157 Member
    Options
    LOVE this.

Also, why are you not on my FL?