Help in pain!

Options
Has anyone expirienced sore legs? but like extreme soreness?? Its even hard to walk I feel like I pulled a muscle!! It like at the back of the knees! At the middle of the night I had throbbing pain there! If so how long did it last and what did you do to make it better!! I really want to keep exercising because I dont want to cool off and then get unmotivated, but I also feel that if I keep putting pressure on it it gets worse. This started on sunday =( on monday I took a break because I did Zumba for a week straight but the pain is still there =( Any advice??

Replies

• christina0089
    christina0089 Posts: 709 Member
    Options
    I am in no way an expert but here goes: :smile:

Zumba for a week straight will make anyone sore. It's highly recommended to take a rest day. Even if it is not a full rest day maybe a walk or something light would be ok. Muscles need adequate time to heal and that is what resting does for them along with lots of water. Potassium is also very good for muscle soreness and fatique and helps prevent cramping. Protein shakes is another way to help replenish. You are asking alot of your muscles so give them what they need and you will find that you are less sore overall. And of course in time your body will adjust to excercising more until then you can expect sorness on some level (means you are getting stronger) ;) If you find you are needing to take something for the pain tey ibuprophen it is an antiflammatory and a pain reliever in one. Soaking in a tub can help as well. Best of luck!!
  • PerlaRubi2013
    PerlaRubi2013 Posts: 110 Member
    Options
    Thank you so much for your advice!!! Im going to take it easy!! I also think that I need to strech after and before I start!!
  • ninerbuff
    ninerbuff Posts: 48,527 Member
    Options
    Zumba involves "torquing" your knees because of the turns. You may not be used to it, hence the pain.

A.C.E. Certified Personal and Group Fitness Trainer
    IDEA Fitness member
    Kickboxing Certified Instructor
    Been in fitness industry for 30 years and have studied kinesiology and nutrition
  • strawmama
    strawmama Posts: 623 Member
    Options
    ! I also think that I need to strech after and before I start!!

YES.