cooking salmon

I want to cook some salmon tonight but I'm not too sure on the best way to do it (love seafood but I've never cooked this fish before)

Anyone have suggestions?:glasses:

Replies

• looking4lisa
    looking4lisa Posts: 36 Member
    I sprinkle some Cavender's spice on both sides, slice up a lemon thinly and put 2 slices on top then wrap in foil and bake at 400 degrees for about 15-20 mins or until it flakes easily. I like mine really well done :) Blessings!
  • berthabunny
    berthabunny Posts: 251 Member
    Broil 10-15 minutes (flip half-way through) and put sour cream ( mixed with a little lemon juice and lots of dill) on it afterwards. It is even tastier if you put the sauce on one side after you flip the salmon!
  • Qbaimee
    Qbaimee Posts: 157 Member
    I just had salmon last night. LOVE IT!!!

I just put some cajun seasoning on each fillet, put a tiny bit of butter in the pan and bake it for 20 minutes. So yummy and easy!!
  • bcattoes
    bcattoes Posts: 17,299 Member
    I love salmon, so I typically season it very lightly so as not to mask the taste. Just a little black pepper and garlic powder usually. Drizzle on a bit of oil and pan sear both sides at high heat until med rare. The time depends on the thickness of the fish, but usually 2-4 min on each side is plenty.

If I have it, I also like to sprinkle on a little fresh dill just before serving.
  • monkeybuddha
    monkeybuddha Posts: 33 Member
    I do the same as looking4lisa and bake it in the oven for about 20 mins. I usually make a little foil pouch and keep it simple with a bit of lemon or lime juice and some chilli. Its super easy and delicious!
  • j75j75
    j75j75 Posts: 854 Member
    I love salmon, so I typically season it very lightly so as not to mask the taste. Just a little black pepper and garlic powder usually. Drizzle on a bit of oil and pan sear both sides at high heat until med rare. The time depends on the thickness of the fish, but usually 2-4 min on each side is plenty.

If I have it, I also like to sprinkle on a little fresh dill just before serving.

^^^this...mmm
  • quirkytizzy
    quirkytizzy Posts: 4,052 Member
    I'm a bad cook. So I just bake mine (or toss it in the skillet), put a little sauce in the microwave to warm it up (I'm currently loving Honey Mustard dressing) and then spread it over the fish when it's all done. I tried marinading, but I don't think I did right....flavor did not stay.
  • kristy_n0831
    kristy_n0831 Posts: 108 Member
    I just had salmon last night. LOVE IT!!!

I just put some cajun seasoning on each fillet, put a tiny bit of butter in the pan and bake it for 20 minutes. So yummy and easy!!

That's pretty much how I make mine. I put Old Bay seasoning, paprika and cumin, then bake for 8-10 minutes. Just enough spice and pretty tasty too!
  • martinh78
    martinh78 Posts: 601
    Grill it, or cover it and medium power in the microwave for 3 minutes.
  • put some sweet chili sauce on top of the salmon and bake, then at the end broil if for carmelization!!! it is soooo good, even my 10 year old loves it!!
  • Mrc1974
    Mrc1974 Posts: 75 Member
    Good post! some great ideas are being posted.

I love salmon but raw... yum.... a nice salad with raw salmon very fresh and tasty. Might be trying some of suggestions above soon :)
  • I am lazy and a bad cook. Also, I like things simple. I buy the individually wrapped frozen fillets, thaw one, put some "spices" (usually paprika) on either side, and cook it on my George Foreman grill, without checking on it and just assuming that it's done when the light on the grill turns off. :)

If I had to get all fancy about cooking it and it took more than five minutes I probably wouldn't eat it at all (even though I really like it). So this works for me.
  • chokeslam512
    chokeslam512 Posts: 78 Member
    Pre heat a griddle or griddle pan on medium high heat, spice as you wish, plop it on there for about 3-5 minutes per side depending on thickness. Do not move it once you put it down on the pan, it will release when that side is cooked.
  • shainakennedy56
    shainakennedy56 Posts: 4 Member
    wow, thanks everyone for the suggestions! now to pick one... I had to move salmon to tonights dinner.