HELP IN PAIN!!!

Options
Has anyone expirienced sore legs? but like extreme soreness?? Its even hard to walk I feel like I pulled a muscle!! It like at the back of the knees! At the middle of the night I had throbbing pain there! If so how long did it last and what did you do to make it better!! I really want to keep exercising because I dont want to cool off and then get unmotivated, but I also feel that if I keep putting pressure on it it gets worse. This started on sunday =( on monday I took a break because I did Zumba for a week straight but the pain is still there =( Any advice??

Replies

• now_or_never13
    now_or_never13 Posts: 1,575 Member
    Options
    Have it checked out by a doctor. You could of injured a muscle, you could of injured another part within your leg or you could have a clot there. THere is nothing to tell .. best bet is to go see a doctor.
  • Shannota
    Shannota Posts: 312 Member
    Options
    DOMS maybe? Did you do anything out of the ordinary? I am thinking that maybe, if you are new to exercise, you needed some rest between days until you build your muscles/tolerances up a bit. I am not sure that you are describing the same kind of soreness I get if I workout really hard on something new, but when that happens, I MUST do something light the next day...usually two days afterwards...or the soreness gets worse. You also want to make sure that you are allowing your body enough time to warm up before exercise and cool down afterwards. When I get super sore, I will often take hot baths in epsom salts and sometimes add lavendar essential oil. The epsom salts help draw out some of the excess water that builds up in/around the muscle tissue and the lavendar is relaxing in general. It doesn't completely cure the soreness, but it helps. Massage could also help. If it is so bad that you seriously cannot walk, you may have injured something and should see a dr.
  • PerlaRubi2013
    PerlaRubi2013 Posts: 110 Member
    Options
    Yeah I just started and I over did it I should of startede small and slowly and gradually incrase it...You are right my body wasnt used it!!! We learn from out mistakes right lol But thank you so much for advice!!! I'm going to do light exercise in the mean time!! =)
  • GauchoMark
    GauchoMark Posts: 1,804 Member
    Options
    did you get checked by a doctor? back of the knees can be a ligament.
  • cgirly
    cgirly Posts: 56 Member
    Options
    Hi Perla

Yes, I know exactly what you mean!!

10 days ago I got exactly the same pain - I'd been overdoing it that week and my calves were already achy when I went to the gym. After 20 mins on the running machine I got an ache and twinge on the right side of my calf and had to stop running completely. I also had a pain at the base of my rear thigh, above the knee.

Can you stand on tip toe on the bad leg? If not I would definitely say that it is probably a calf strain / muscle tear.
    You will need to see your doctor to get a definitive diagnosis and check your achilles tendon as well.

I've been told to rest my leg for 2 weeks so have stuck to upper body weights over the last 10 days. Hoping to arrange to see a physio next week to get a programme of strengthening exercises as I dont want to do it again.

Hope you're on the mend soon
  • nicolamoonbrains
    nicolamoonbrains Posts: 72 Member
    Options
    If the pains really bad take a nonsteroidal anti-inflammatory such as ibuprofen or aspirin to help you move around easier and ease the pain.

You must rest it though! What good will it do to carry on exercising and then cause a more severe injury?

Look out for bruising, swelling, pain and tenderness. If you find any of these symptoms a cold-compress may help (look up how to do one safely). If rest doesn't relieve the pain, see a doctor.
  • pastryari
    pastryari Posts: 8,646 Member
    Options
    XGUOT4n.jpg