How many calories when pregnant

Options
I am 14 weeks pregnant, but still want to count my calories. Anyone have any advise on what to set them at or is there a way that MFP does it?

Replies

• rosy003
    rosy003 Posts: 251 Member
    Options
    I just joined MFP and I'm 19 weeks pregnant. I don't think there is a specific "pregnant" setting, but I put in my prepregnancy weight and set it to "gain 1/2 lb per week" under my goals. The calories seem to work out (I would need 1600 to maintain and it set to 1900 when I said gain 1/2 lb per week which is the recommended increase during pregnancy). I don't know if that changes if you're starting out overweight. I think you'd probably still need to increase calories, but I don't know by how much. I hope that helps a little.
  • erin4455
    erin4455 Posts: 135
    Options
    Everyone's different and the right answer is whatever your doctor advises. Also, Weight Watchers offers a plan for pregnant women.
  • susanna060408
    susanna060408 Posts: 28 Member
    Options
    I am 30 weeks pregnant, and have used this calculator the whole time.
    http://www.freedieting.com/tools/pregnancy_calorie_calculator.htm

I like that it lets you put in your activity level so you know how many calories based on how active you are, which for me really changed while I was pregnant.

Good luck and congrats!!
  • britcurl
    britcurl Posts: 110 Member
    Options
    Thanks!!!
  • pastryari
    pastryari Posts: 8,646 Member
    Options
    Ask your doctor, not the internet.
  • britcurl
    britcurl Posts: 110 Member
    Options
    This is my second pregnancy and I am well aware of what the doctor recommends. I just wanted to know if there was a place on MFP to put it in that would also take into factor that I am still excersing. Thanks for the advise :)