lose 2inches from your waist in 5 days!

Options
'I'm all about Hula-hooping right now!' tweeted the E! Fashion Police star. '5mins in the morning 5 mins at night... in 5 days I lost 2 inches from my waistline!'
Kelly Osbourne

"According to a study by the American College on Exercise (ACE), hula hooping can burn seven calories per minute, as many as a grueling boot camp class and can raise the heart rate to about 84 percent of its max."

whatcha peeps think?

now if only one can find a hula hoop for men that allows for 2inches growth in 5 days...hmmmm :happy: :happy:

Replies

• felice03
    felice03 Posts: 2,732 Member
    Options
    I call BS
  • SoDamnHungry
    SoDamnHungry Posts: 6,998 Member
    Options
    now if only one can find a hula hoop for men that allows for 2inches growth in 5 days...hmmmm :happy: :happy:

You have given me a most interesting mental image.
  • devilwhiterose
    devilwhiterose Posts: 1,157 Member
    Options
    I can't hula hoop for 30 second let alone 5 minutes.
  • Skinny_minny_mo
    Skinny_minny_mo Posts: 1,272 Member
    Options

You have given me a most interesting mental image.

and it didnt even take 5 days! :tongue:
  • Nessiechickie
    Nessiechickie Posts: 1,392 Member
    Options
    I call BS on all of Kelly Osbourne.. I can't stand her.
  • viviennemayer
    Options
    I saw that the other day and forgot all about it. I'm going to the garage right now and we'll just see if I can lose 2" in 5 days. Now I just have to know. Hmmm. The other thing...interesting thought indeed.:glasses:
  • quirkytizzy
    quirkytizzy Posts: 4,052 Member
    Options
    I wouldn't know about losing inches that fast - but hula hooping is a hell of an exercise. I've seen people who do it for performance art, things like weighted hoops, fire hoops, even belly dancing with them! It looks fun!
  • imthejenjen
    imthejenjen Posts: 265 Member
    Options
    worth a try i guess. hulahooping def is a challenge, especially anything after a minute or two lol
  • Skinny_minny_mo
    Skinny_minny_mo Posts: 1,272 Member
    Options
    I wouldn't know about losing inches that fast - but hula hooping is a hell of an exercise. I've seen people who do it for performance art, things like weighted hoops, fire hoops, even belly dancing with them! It looks fun!

agree!! i have a hula hoop and i;ve gotten better at it, but can only do it standing still, not while moving etc. could be worthwhile to try weighted ones - perhaps they work better?

dont believe the 2inch claim though!
  • skydiveD30571
    skydiveD30571 Posts: 281 Member
    Options
    'I'm all about Hula-hooping right now!' tweeted the E! Fashion Police star. '5mins in the morning 5 mins at night... in 5 days I lost 2 inches from my waistline!'
    Kelly Osbourne

"According to a study by the American College on Exercise (ACE), hula hooping can burn seven calories per minute, as many as a grueling boot camp class and can raise the heart rate to about 84 percent of its max."

So a grueling boot camp class burns 7 calories a minute? How in the world does an elliptical tell me I'm doing double that?

Also, there is finally a concrete number! 5 days, 10min a day, 7 cal a min
    > 350 calories = 2 inches!! About time!! :noway:

Edit: I can't hula for the life of me, I just think the numbers are a little crazy.
  • chubbygirl253
    chubbygirl253 Posts: 1,309 Member
    Options
    no way did she lose 2" in 5 days unless she was just really bloated before. And in 5 mins morning & night? Not possible.
  • lesita75
    lesita75 Posts: 379 Member
    Options
    I call shenanigans!!!! :noway:
  • Shardana1
    Options
    Hmm I never thought about that. It's a great idea. I'm going to try
  • Shardana1
    Options
    Yes i agree the numbers are a bit over estimated but you will def lose some weight on the waist. It will also be more fun than sit ups.
  • jonesin_am
    jonesin_am Posts: 404 Member
    Options
    Don't believe the hype but hula hooping, especially with weighted hula hoops, is a workout.
  • Nancy_hc
    Nancy_hc Posts: 123 Member
    Options
    I have a hula Hoop that lights up! *Disco! but I doubt it will accomplish this much of a change.. time to test the theory!
  • TrailRunner61
    TrailRunner61 Posts: 2,505 Member
    Options
    Maybe.. if she was using Humvee tires instead of a hula hoop.
  • MissyJessy
    MissyJessy Posts: 1,279 Member
    Options
    if only i could hula hoop for longer than 30 seconds lol!! let alone not look like a monkey doing it.
  • Erin_goBrahScience
    Erin_goBrahScience Posts: 1,215 Member
    Options
    **sorry deletes snarky post.
  • OkieTink
    OkieTink Posts: 285 Member
    Options
    I saw weighted hula hoops @ the State Fair last year. Interesting, but I wouldn't spend the cash on one.