looking for low calorie muffin recipes!

Options
jilldan55
jilldan55 Posts: 61 Member
Does anyone have a great tasting muffin recipe that is low enough in calories and fat? I'd appreciate any recipes you guys may have!
Thanks!:happy:

Replies

• holliscobb
    holliscobb Posts: 21 Member
    Options
    I have a delicious muffin recipe that only requires 2 ingredients!

1 can of pumkin puree
    1 box of DRY cake mix

Mix both the pumpkin puree and dry cake mix until moist. Pour into muffin pan and bake just like any other cake/muffin recipe. I don't have the recipe in front of me but I think I usually bake them on 350 for 20 minutes or so. I just do the toothpick test, when it comes out clean, it is done! It is really that easy! I've made them with chocoate (my kids favorite) as well as white cake and spice cake mix. You have to try it to believe it.
  • mamaturner
    mamaturner Posts: 2,533 Member
    Options
    I'm not sure of the nutritional facts, but they sure sound yummy and healthy! I plan on making them soon, and possibly at the restaurant I work at.

http://enlightenedcooking.blogspot.com/search/label/quinoa

Whole Wheat-Honey Quinoa Muffins
  • kjensen15
    kjensen15 Posts: 398 Member
    Options
    I have had the pumplins muffins as well! I had them made with a spice cake mix. They are very moist and very good! They are pretty dense as well, so one filled me up!

I think they may actually be a WW recipe!?!?!?
  • holliscobb
    holliscobb Posts: 21 Member
    Options
    Oh yeah, I guess I should have mentioned the nutrition information :)

Using a generic chocolate cake mix, each muffin has 180 calories and 3 grams of fat. I have the other nutrition information at home, I'll try to remember to list it later. One recipe makes about 14 pretty good sized muffins (similar in size to the weight watcher muffins).
  • byHISstrength
    byHISstrength Posts: 984 Member
    Options
    Here's one that I have already made twice in the last week and a half. The recipe is from BeachBody's Thin Kitchen. It's called Fast-Track Blueberry Muffin. But I have already left the blueberries out and used bananas. It's one of those recipes that you can try different things with. Enjoy!!!

Ingredients:
    1 1/2 cups wheat flour
    3/4 cup flax see meal
    1 cup brown sugar (the last batch I made I only used a 1/2 cup, but will probably use 3/4 cup next time)
    1 tsp baking powder
    2 tsp baking soda
    1/4 tsp salt
    2 tsp cinnamon
    2 tsp pumpkin pie spice
    1 tsp ground ginger
    2 apples, shredded (I leave on some of the skin)
    3/4 cup nonfat milk
    1 egg (instead of one whole egg, I use a total of 4 egg whites)
    2 egg whites
    1 tsp vanilla
    1/2 cup blueberries (or whatever else you have on hand. This last batch I used a small banana)

Preheat oven to 350 degrees. Mix all dry ingredients together, except blueberries.
    Combine eggs, milk, and vanilla and beat for 30 seconds.
    Pour liquid ingredients into dry ingredients. Stir and fold in blueberries.
    Fill each muffin tin cup 3/4 of the way full.
    Bake at 350 degrees for 15 to 20 minutes.
    (15 servings)

Serving size: 1 muffin; Calories: 140; Total Fat: 2.5g; Saturated fat: 0g; Carbs: 28g; Fiber: 4g; Protein: 4g
  • mamaturner
    mamaturner Posts: 2,533 Member
    Options
    have you heard of the diet cupecakes? You just take a regular box cake mix, flavor of your choice and mix with 1 can of diet soda. I make mine with Zevia, no sugar, no calories no sodium.. They're delicious. I believe mine came to just under 80 calories per including 1 tsp of a glaze made from powdered sugar and fresh squeezed orange juice.
  • jilldan55
    jilldan55 Posts: 61 Member
    Options
    Thanks for all the great recipes! I am forever baking muffins and finding the calories too much for having more than a bite! Now, I can enjoy a healthier, low cal muffin without the guilt.
  • michellejayne
    Options
    bump