Not Hungry

Options
So, I just started my diet only a few days ago, and now I have absolutely no desire to eat. Is this normal?? The only other time I've been on a diet was when I did the Special K thing a few years ago. What are your thoughts??

Replies

• GauchoMark
    GauchoMark Posts: 1,804 Member
    Options
    are you following MFP's plan? What goal did you choose?
  • jweisshoff
    jweisshoff Posts: 74 Member
    Options
    Since you are probably eating much healthier foods and less empty calorie items you are more satisfied for longer period of time. I know when I eat more proteins and fibers and drink more water through the day I am much more satisfied and don't have the hunger cravings.
  • raneylfrick
    raneylfrick Posts: 380 Member
    Options
    I am aiming to lose around 48 pounds. MFP suggests I take in just over 1300 calories...that seems like a lot to me! I am a vegetarian...a picky one...and I just upped my proteins. Maybe that's it! I just don't want to force myself to eat, and I don't want to be taking in too few. I hear your body can shut down and resist weight loss if you don't take in enough...
  • GauchoMark
    GauchoMark Posts: 1,804 Member
    Options
    when I say goal, I meant how many lbs per week are you planning to lose.

One of the fundamentals on MFP is to choose a MODERATE calorie deficit. This is contrary to almost every fad diet out there that wants you lose lose weight quickly. So, if you are used to other diets, it may very well seem like a lot. The idea of slow and steady is to change your lifestyle, keep it sustainable, and be healthy. With 48 lbs to lose, you will probably do best to choose a 1 lb/wk goal and stick with it until you get to your last 15 lbs or so and then drop back to 0.5 lb/wk.
  • raneylfrick
    Options
    I think I put 2 lbs per week... You think that's too many??
  • raneylfrick
    Options
    I really appreciate your input!